Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Ethnic differences in BMI and body/self-dissatisfaction among Whites, Asian subgroups, Pacific Islanders, and African-AmericansAlayne Yates
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:300-7. 2004..To distinguish body mass index (BMI) and body/self-dissatisfaction among Asian subgroups...
- Using an exercise-based instrument to detect signs of an eating disorderA Yates
Department of Psychiatry, John A Burns School of Medicine, Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children, 636, 1319 Punahou Street, Honolulu HI 96826 9931, USA
Psychiatry Res 105:231-41. 2001..The SLSS could provide a theoretical bridge between compulsive athleticism and ED...
- Eating disorder symptoms in runners, cyclists, and paddlersAlayne Yates
Department of Psychiatry, John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI 96814, USA
Addict Behav 28:1473-80. 2003..To differentiate groups of highly conditioned, competitive athletes on the basis of Exercise Orientation Questionnaire (EOQ) scores and self-reported psychiatric symptoms...
- Biologic perspective on early erotic developmentAlayne Yates
Department of Psychiatry, Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, 1356 Lusitana Street, 4th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 13:479-96, vi. 2004..This should pave the way for more humane, objective, and effective interventions...
- Psychometric properties of the Hawaiian Culture Scale--Adolescent VersionE S Hishinuma
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu 96813, USA
Psychol Assess 12:140-57. 2000..More consistent support was found for multiculturalism in Hawai'i's adolescents. Further research is needed to link these measures with indicators of psychological adjustment (e.g., depression, anxiety, substance use)...
- The National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health study of prevalence of psychiatric disorders in native Hawaiian adolescentsNaleen N Andrade
National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health, Department of Psychiatry, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawai i 96813, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:26-36. 2006..The prevalence rates of disorders among a community-based sample of Hawaiian youths were determined and compared to previously published epidemiological studies...
- Ethnic and gender differences in eating attitudes among black and white college studentsMara S Aruguete
Department of Psychology, Stephens College, Columbia, MO 65215, USA
Eat Behav 6:328-36. 2005..Future research should explore the role of anger as a risk factor for eating disorders among White men...
- Negative emotion and disordered eating among obese college studentsJeanne L Edman
Cosumnes River College, Department of Social Sciences, 8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823 5799, USA
Eat Behav 6:308-17. 2005....
- Prevalence and correlates of misconduct among ethnically diverse adolescents of Native Hawaiian/ part-Hawaiian and non-Hawaiian ancestryEarl S Hishinuma
Department of Psychiatry, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawai i 96813, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 51:242-58. 2005..Research on the prevalence and correlates of adolescent misconduct, arrests, and juvenile delinquency has been greatly neglected for the ethnically diverse adolescent groups in Hawai'i (i.e. Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders)...
- Further validation of the self-loathing subscale as a screening tool for eating disordersMara S Aruguete
Social and Behavioral Sciences, Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO 65102 0029, USA
Eat Disord 15:55-62. 2007....