Genomes and Genes
Ri Yao Yang
Affiliation: University of California
- Galectins in cell growth and apoptosisR Y Yang
Department of Dermatology, UC Davis School of Medicine, 4645 Second Avenue Room 3100C, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:267-76. 2003..Galectin-3 is the only member known so far to inhibit apoptosis, while galectin-1, -7 and -9 promote this cellular process. Galectins can act either extracellularly or intracellularly to exert effects on cell growth and apoptosis...
- Galectin-12 is required for adipogenic signaling and adipocyte differentiationRi Yao Yang
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29761-6. 2004..The findings suggest that galectin-12 is a major regulator of adipose tissue development...
- Ablation of a galectin preferentially expressed in adipocytes increases lipolysis, reduces adiposity, and improves insulin sensitivity in miceRi Yao Yang
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18696-701. 2011..These findings add to the significant functions exhibited by intracellular galectins, and have important therapeutic implications for human metabolic disorders...
- Galectin-3 regulates intracellular trafficking of EGFR through Alix and promotes keratinocyte migrationWei Liu
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95816, USA
J Invest Dermatol 132:2828-37. 2012..Our results suggest that galectin-3 is potentially a critical regulator of a number of important cellular responses through its intracellular control of trafficking of cell surface receptors...
- Roles of galectin-3 in immune responsesHuan Yuan Chen
School of Medicine, University of California Davis, 4645 Second Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 53:497-504. 2005..This review summarizes the roles of galectin-3 in the immune system and discusses the possible underlying mechanisms...
- Galectins in acute and chronic inflammationFu Tong Liu
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, 95816, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1253:80-91. 2012..Current evidence also suggests that galectins may be therapeutic targets or employed as therapeutic agents for these inflammatory responses...
- Identification of VPS13C as a Galectin-12-Binding Protein That Regulates Galectin-12 Protein Stability and AdipogenesisRi Yao Yang
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California, 95817, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0153534. 2016..The regulation of galectin-12 stability by VPS13C could potentially be exploited for therapeutic intervention of obesity and related metabolic diseases. ..
- Galectins: structure, function and therapeutic potentialRi Yao Yang
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95816, USA
Expert Rev Mol Med 10:e17. 2008..Thus, galectins may be a therapeutic target or employed as therapeutic agents for inflammatory diseases, cancers and several other diseases...
- Galectins in apoptosisDaniel K Hsu
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California, USA
Methods Enzymol 417:256-73. 2006..This review describes involvement of galectin-1, -2, -3, -7, -8, -9, and -12 in apoptosis...
- Galectin-3 negatively regulates TCR-mediated CD4+ T-cell activation at the immunological synapseHuan Yuan Chen
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14496-501. 2009..We conclude that galectin-3 is an inhibitory regulator of T-cell activation and functions intracellularly by promoting TCR down-regulation, possibly through modulating Alix's function at the IS...
- Galectin-12 inhibits granulocytic differentiation of human NB4 promyelocytic leukemia cells while promoting lipogenesisHuiting Xue
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California, USA School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China and
J Leukoc Biol 100:657-664. 2016..Taken together, these findings suggest that galectin-12 may be a target for treatment of the ATRA-resistant subset of APL...
- Galectin-7 (PIG1) exhibits pro-apoptotic function through JNK activation and mitochondrial cytochrome c releaseIchiro Kuwabara
Divisions of Allergy and Cellular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3487-97. 2002..Some of them are potentially contributory to this lectin's proapoptotic function and these include redox-related genes monoamine oxidase B, ryanodine receptor 2, and glutathione S-transferase Mu 3...