Glen L Xiong
Affiliation: University of California
- Use of Preventive Health Services in People With Serious Mental Illness: Consumer Perspectives on Barriers and SolutionsGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California at Davis, 2230 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Prim Care Companion CNS Disord 19:. 2017..This study asked 350 consumers with serious mental illness (DSM-IV) (who are using community mental health services in Sacramento County, California) for their perspective about barriers and solutions to use of preventive health services...
- Preventive medical services use among community mental health patients with severe mental illness:the influence of gender and insurance coverageGlen L Xiong
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 12:. 2010..This study examines predictors of reduced preventive health service use in patients with severe mental illness by examining psychiatric diagnoses and demographic factors...
- Use of cancer-screening services among persons with serious mental illness in Sacramento CountyGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, 2230 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:929-32. 2008..This study examined the use of breast, cervical, colorectal, and prostate cancer-screening services by persons with serious mental illness enrolled in the Sacramento County Mental Health clinics...
- Behavioral observations reflected on consultation requests from primary medical-surgical services: are they predictive of delirium diagnosis and outcomes?Glen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817 1419, USA
J Psychosom Res 66:177-81. 2009..We explored whether outcomes differed in patient with delirium with different consultation requests...
- Safety of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor use prior to coronary artery bypass graftingGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:E94-8. 2010..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have been shown to increase bleeding risks. This study examined the association of perioperative coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) bleeding risks and SSRI use prior to CABG...
- Decertification outcomes for bipolar disorder in an inpatient community mental health treatment center: impact on subsequent service use over two yearsGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:761-4. 2012..18). History of prior hospitalization was associated with higher numbers of rehospitalizations and crisis room visits (both p < 0.01) and with shorter time before first rehospitalization (p < 0.001)...
- Prognosis of patients taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors before coronary artery bypass graftingGlen L Xiong
Department of Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:42-7. 2006..26 to 1.70, p <0.0001, respectively). In conclusion, SSRI use before CABG was associated with a higher risk of long-term post-CABG mortality and rehospitalization. The explanation behind these findings requires further research...
- Combination phentermine/topiramate for obesity treatment in primary care: a reviewGlen L Xiong
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, University of California at Davis, School of Medicine, Davis, CA
Postgrad Med 126:110-6. 2014..Special precautions and close monitoring are indicated when prescribing phentermine/topiramate for women of childbearing potential. Monitoring of heart rate and psychiatric and cognitive side effects is important. ..
- Inflammation Markers and Major Depressive Disorder in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure: Results From the Sertraline Against Depression and Heart Disease in Chronic Heart Failure StudyGlen L Xiong
From the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Xiong, University of California at Davis, Davis, California Departments of Community and Family Medicine Prybol, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Boyle, Krishnan, Jiang, Immunology and Dermatology Hall, Streilein, and Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology Rogers, O Connor, Jiang, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina and Department of Psychiatry Steffens, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut
Psychosom Med 77:808-15. 2015..This study compared inflammatory biomarker profiles in patients with CHF and MDD to those without MDD...
- Health status and depression remission in patients with chronic heart failure: patient-reported outcomes from the SADHART-CHF trialGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Circ Heart Fail 5:688-92. 2012..Whether depression treatment may result in improvement of health status in heart failure patients with comorbid depression remains unknown...
- General-medical hospital admissions from a public inpatient psychiatric health facility: a review of medical complications over 30 monthsMargaret W Leung
School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Suite 3116, 4150 V St, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Psychosomatics 51:498-502. 2010..Medical comorbidity and mortality disproportionately affect adults with serious mental illness, as compared with the general population...
- Predictors of decertification from involuntary hospitalization for patients with bipolar disorderGlen L Xiong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:200-3. 2010..This study examined predictors of decertification (release from involuntary hospitalization after legal hearing) among inpatients with bipolar disorder...
- Bupropion for weight reductionKishore M Gadde
Duke University Medical Centre, Box 3292, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 7:17-24. 2007....
- Delirium and hypovitaminosis D: neuroimaging findingsJames A Bourgeois
From the Dept of Psychiatry Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, Consultation Liaison Service, University of California San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA JAB Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada AH, JF St Joseph s Healthcare Hamilton, West 5th Campus, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada AH, DKT and Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA GLX
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 27:69-71. 2015..Further research with a larger sample size is needed to compare neuroimaging findings between normal patients and patients with hypovitaminosis D with delirium. ..
- Lessons from psychiatry and psychiatric education for medical learners and teachersDonald M Hilty
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 25:329-37. 2013..These processes - in addition to knowledge and other skills - will help physicians be successful in practice, learning and teaching, research and leadership...
- Vascular risk factors and cognitive decline among elderly male twinsGlen L Xiong
Program in Epidemiology of Dementia, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27701, USA
Neurology 67:1586-91. 2006..The co-twin control method improves on traditional case-control approaches by controlling for within-twin pair similarities of genetic and early environmental influences...