Affiliation: University of California
- Calcium-regulated signaling pathways: role in amyloid beta-induced synaptic dysfunctionCui Wei Xie
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1761, USA
Neuromolecular Med 6:53-64. 2004..Thus, multiple Ca2+-regulated signaling pathways are involved in the synaptic action of Abeta, and malfunction of these pathways may underlie the synaptic dysfunction in early AD...
- C-terminal peptides coassemble into Abeta42 oligomers and protect neurons against Abeta42-induced neurotoxicityErica A Fradinger
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14175-80. 2008..Thus, Abeta(31-42) and Abeta(39-42) are leads for obtaining mechanism-based drugs for treatment of AD using a systematic structure-activity approach...
- Alzheimer amyloid beta-peptide inhibits the late phase of long-term potentiation through calcineurin-dependent mechanisms in the hippocampal dentate gyrusQi Sheng Chen
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 77:354-71. 2002..Thus, inhibition of NMDA receptor channels and disruption of protein synthesis were two possible mechanisms contributing to Abeta-induced L-LTP impairment...
- Amyloid beta prevents activation of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II and AMPA receptor phosphorylation during hippocampal long-term potentiationDanyun Zhao
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Neurophysiol 92:2853-8. 2004..Disruption of such mechanisms could directly contribute to Abeta-induced deficits in hippocampal synaptic plasticity and memory...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase cascade facilitates mu-opioid desensitization in sensory neurons by altering G-protein-effector interactionsMiao Tan
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
J Neurosci 23:10292-301. 2003..Our data suggest that the PI3Kcascade involving MAPK and Akt enhances micro-opioid desensitization via postreceptor modifications that interfere with G-protein-effector interactions...
- Neurotrophin Rescue of Beta Amyloid (AB) -induced Synaptic DysfunctionCui Wei Xie; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results may provide new insights into synaptic mechanisms for Abeta action and the therapeutic potentials of trkB-acting NT for early AD. ..