Affiliation: University of California
- Aging and semantic cueing during learning and retention of verbal episodic informationEllen Woo
UCLA Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7226, USA
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 16:103-19. 2009..The current findings suggest that semantic cues can be beneficial for recalling unstructured information when administered during the retention interval...
- The "Alzheimer's type" profile of semantic clustering in amnestic mild cognitive impairmentPaula M McLaughlin
1 Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 20:402-12. 2014..These findings show that the ability to engage in an effective memory strategy is compromised in aMCI, before AD has developed, suggesting that disruptions in semantic networks are an early marker of the disease. (JINS, 2014, 20, 1-11). ..
- Subtle deficits in instrumental activities of daily living in subtypes of mild cognitive impairmentEdmond Teng
Neurobehavior Unit, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 30:189-97. 2010..We explored the relationship between these factors by comparing instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) among cognitive subtypes of MCI and examining associations between IADL and neuropsychological indices...
- The Item-Specific Deficit Approach to evaluating verbal memory dysfunction: rationale, psychometrics, and applicationMatthew J Wright
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 31:790-802. 2009..Currently, the ISDA is intended for experimental use, although further research may support its utility for characterizing memory impairments in clinical assessments...
- Automated 3D mapping of baseline and 12-month associations between three verbal memory measures and hippocampal atrophy in 490 ADNI subjectsLiana G Apostolova
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroimage 51:488-99. 2010..After controlling for baseline hippocampal atrophy, memory performance showed regionally specific associations with hippocampal radial distance in predominantly CA1 but also in subicular distribution...