Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Essential functions of the 32 kDa subunit of yeast replication protein AAnne M Dickson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242 2600, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:2313-26. 2009..cerevisiae. We conclude that DNA-binding activity of RPA2 is dispensable in yeast and that the essential function of DBD D is intra- and/or inter-protein interactions...
- A naturally occurring human RPA subunit homolog does not support DNA replication or cell-cycle progressionStuart J Haring
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:846-58. 2010..These studies suggest that RPA4 cannot support cell proliferation but can support processes that maintain the genomic integrity of the cell...
- Replication protein A: a heterotrimeric, single-stranded DNA-binding protein required for eukaryotic DNA metabolismM S Wold
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 66:61-92. 1997..Phosphorylation of RPA may play a role in coordinating DNA metabolism in the cell. RPA may also have a role in modulating gene expression...
- Replication protein A interactions with DNA. III. Molecular basis of recognition of damaged DNAY Lao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1109, USA
Biochemistry 39:850-9. 2000..These findings suggest that RPA probably binds to both damaged and undamaged strands in the NER excision complex. RPA binding may be important for efficient excision of damaged DNA in NER...
- A novel assay for examining the molecular reactions at the eukaryotic replication fork: activities of replication protein A required during elongationA P Walther
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:656-64. 1999..We have used this system to show that both RPA-protein and RPA-DNA interactions are important for RPA's function in elongation...
- Functional domains of the 70-kilodalton subunit of human replication protein AX V Gomes
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City 52242 1109, USA
Biochemistry 35:10558-68. 1996..For all mutant complexes examined, both phosphorylation of the 32-kDa subunit of RPA and the ability to support T antigen-dependent, origin-dependent DNA unwinding correlated with ssDNA binding activity...
- Functional Role of Cellular Proteins in DNA ReplicationMARC WOLD; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will both elucidate the mechanism of the RPA regulatory switch and provide insights into RPA function in cellular DNA metabolism. ..