Affiliation: University of Florida
- Successful implementation of evidence-based nursing practice: the indispensable role of staff developmentRuth Wittmann-Price
Department of Nursing, Francis Marion University, Florence, South Carolina 29506, USA
J Nurses Prof Dev 29:202-4. 2013....
- Use of personal phones by senior nursing students to access health care information during clinical education: staff nurses' and students' perceptionsRuth A Wittmann-Price
Department of Nursing, Francis Marion University, Florence, SC 29502, USA
J Nurs Educ 51:642-6. 2012..Positive results and barriers to use, such as cost and technological comfort levels, are discussed. The results may help nurse educators and administrators initiate further research of MEDs as a clinical resource...
- The olfactory sense: a developmental and lifespan perspectiveRuth A Wittmann-Price
Department of Nursing, Francis Marion University, Florence, SC 29501 0547, USA
J Clin Nurs 21:2545-54. 2012..The objective of this literature review is to discuss human olfactory development, function and assessment through the lifespan. This article will highlight the importance of accurate olfactory function assessment...
- Objectives and outcomes: the fundamental differenceRuth A Wittmann-Price
Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 31:233-6. 2010..A historical view of the development of objectives and outcomes is provided as well as a description of each. The discussion concludes with a demonstration of formats for developing educational outcomes...
- Exploring perceptions of "do not resuscitate" and "allowing natural death" among physicians and nursesRuth Wittmann-Price
Department of Nursing, Francis Marion University, Florence, SC 29501, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 24:333-7. 2010..This study surveyed perceptions of physicians and nurses about using the more holistic "allow natural death" (AND) terminology in end-of-life care as opposed to the current "do not resusciate" (DNR) order...