Stuart E Willick
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The Anti-Doping MovementStuart E Willick
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 Electronic address
PM R 8:S125-32. 2016..It is incumbent upon sports medicine professionals to understand the health risks of doping and all doping control processes. ..
- The epidemiology of injuries at the London 2012 Paralympic GamesStuart E Willick
Medical Committee, International Paralympic Committee, Bonn, Germany
Br J Sports Med 47:426-32. 2013..The characteristics and incidence of injuries at the Summer Paralympic Games have not previously been reported. A better understanding of injuries improves the medical care of athletes and informs future injury prevention strategies...
- Radiologic evaluation of the shoulder girdleStuart E Willick
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2119, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 15:373-406. 2004..This article reviews imaging considerations of the major clinical entities related to the shoulder...
- Sports and performing arts medicine: 5. Special populationsStuart Willick
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Clinic, 590 S Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
PM R 1:S78-82. 2009..The goal of this article is to assist the learner in developing an understanding of issues related to specific athletic populations...
- Running and osteoarthritisStuart E Willick
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Sports Med 29:417-28. 2010..The preponderance of clinical reports refutes an association between running and osteoarthritis...
- The Epidemiology of Injuries in Football at the London 2012 Paralympic GamesNick Webborn
Medical Committee, International Paralympic Committee, Bonn, Germany Centre for Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine, University of Brighton, Eastbourne, UK
PM R 8:545-52. 2016..A study of all sports at the London 2012 Paralympic Games identified football 5-a-side as the sport with the highest injury rate, meriting further detailed analysis, which may facilitate the development of strategies to prevent injuries...
- Risk of Injuries in Paralympic Track and Field Differs by Impairment and Event Discipline: A Prospective Cohort Study at the London 2012 Paralympic GamesCheri A Blauwet
Medical Committee, International Paralympic Committee, Bonn, Germany Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Sports Med 44:1455-62. 2016..The incidence rates (IRs) and factors associated with injuries in the sport of Paralympic athletics (track and field) have not been comprehensively and prospectively studied...
- Influenza, Winter Olympiad, 2002Adi V Gundlapalli
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:144-6. 2006..Influenza A/B was diagnosed in 36 of 188 patients, including 13 athletes. Prompt management limited the spread of this outbreak...
- Lumbar facet syndromesZach M Beresford
University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 9:50-6. 2010..We also will discuss diagnostic and treatment paradigms that are helpful to the clinician treating low back pain in athletes...
- Clinical impression versus standardized questionnaire: the spinal surgeon's ability to assess psychological distressMichael D Daubs
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:2878-83. 2010..Our hypothesis was that the clinical impressions of spinal surgeons were not as accurate as a standardized questionnaire in assessing for psychological distress...
- A pilot study examining the effectiveness of physical therapy as an adjunct to selective nerve root block in the treatment of lumbar radicular pain from disk herniation: a randomized controlled trialAnne Thackeray
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Utah, 520 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Phys Ther 90:1717-29. 2010..Patients often are referred to physical therapy after SNRBs, although the effectiveness of this intervention sequence has not been investigated...
- Intranasal delivery of Natesto® testosterone gel and its effects on doping markersGeoffrey D Miller
Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory, 560 Arapeen Drive, Suite 150A, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84108 1293, USA
Drug Test Anal 8:1197-1203. 2016..Though no discernible metabolic trend of the route of administration was identified, we discovered that intranasal gel testosterone is detectable using conventional anti-doping tests. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...