Stuart E Willick
Affiliation: University of Utah
- The Anti-Doping MovementStuart E Willick
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 Electronic address
PM R 8:S125-32. 2016..It is incumbent upon sports medicine professionals to understand the health risks of doping and all doping control processes. ..
- The epidemiology of injuries at the London 2012 Paralympic GamesStuart E Willick
Medical Committee, International Paralympic Committee, Bonn, Germany
Br J Sports Med 47:426-32. 2013..The characteristics and incidence of injuries at the Summer Paralympic Games have not previously been reported. A better understanding of injuries improves the medical care of athletes and informs future injury prevention strategies...
- Radiologic evaluation of the shoulder girdleStuart E Willick
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2119, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 15:373-406. 2004..This article reviews imaging considerations of the major clinical entities related to the shoulder...
- Sports and performing arts medicine: 5. Special populationsStuart Willick
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Clinic, 590 S Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
PM R 1:S78-82. 2009..The goal of this article is to assist the learner in developing an understanding of issues related to specific athletic populations...
- Running and osteoarthritisStuart E Willick
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Sports Med 29:417-28. 2010..The preponderance of clinical reports refutes an association between running and osteoarthritis...
- Influenza, Winter Olympiad, 2002Adi V Gundlapalli
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:144-6. 2006..Influenza A/B was diagnosed in 36 of 188 patients, including 13 athletes. Prompt management limited the spread of this outbreak...
- Lumbar facet syndromesZach M Beresford
University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 9:50-6. 2010..We also will discuss diagnostic and treatment paradigms that are helpful to the clinician treating low back pain in athletes...
- Clinical impression versus standardized questionnaire: the spinal surgeon's ability to assess psychological distressMichael D Daubs
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:2878-83. 2010..Our hypothesis was that the clinical impressions of spinal surgeons were not as accurate as a standardized questionnaire in assessing for psychological distress...
- A pilot study examining the effectiveness of physical therapy as an adjunct to selective nerve root block in the treatment of lumbar radicular pain from disk herniation: a randomized controlled trialAnne Thackeray
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Utah, 520 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Phys Ther 90:1717-29. 2010..Patients often are referred to physical therapy after SNRBs, although the effectiveness of this intervention sequence has not been investigated...