- Victimization and perpetration of unwanted sexual activities among high school students: frequency and correlatesCorrine M Williams
University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Violence Against Women 20:1239-57. 2014..Although females were more likely to report unwanted sexual activities due to feeling pressured, there were no significant sex differences among those reporting physical force or unwanted sexual activities due to alcohol or drug use. ..
- Sexual violence at first intercourse against women in Moshi, northern Tanzania: prevalence, risk factors, and consequencesCorrine M Williams
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, USA
Popul Stud (Camb) 62:335-48. 2008..Coerced first intercourse appears to be associated with changes in the life course of women and with a heightened risk of contracting an STI...
- Coercive first intercourse and unintended first birthsCorrine M Williams
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Violence Vict 24:351-63. 2009..Compared with women who experienced no coercion, the odds of reporting an unintended first birth was greater for women who experienced mild (OR: 1.9, 95% CI: 1.4-2.6) or significant coercion (OR: 2.3, 95% CI: 1.6-3.4)...
- The impact of childhood sexual abuse and intimate partner violence on sexually transmitted infectionsCorrine Williams
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Chandler Hospital, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
Violence Vict 25:787-98. 2010..Understanding how both childhood and adult victimization are associated with diagnosis of STIs is important to reducing the incidence and prevalence of STIs, as well as the associated consequences of STIs...
- Intimate partner violence and women's contraceptive useCorrine M Williams
Department od Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Kentucky, USA
Violence Against Women 14:1382-96. 2008..9; 95% CI = 1.0 to 3.7). Health care providers need to consider how intimate partner violence may influence their patients' use of contraceptives, which has implications for the high risk of unintended pregnancies among abused women...