Suzanne L West
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Systematic review of the evidence regarding potential complications of inhaled corticosteroid use in asthma: collaboration of American College of Chest Physicians, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and American College of Allergy, AsthmFrank T Leone
Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Chestnut Street, Suite M100, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Chest 124:2329-40. 2003....
- A systematic review of the literature on female sexual dysfunction prevalence and predictorsSuzanne L West
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7590, USA
Annu Rev Sex Res 15:40-172. 2004..Definitions of female sexual dysfunction have been developed and refined recently, but there is an urgent need to determine measurable outcomes that can be used for future work...
- Population-based drug-related anaphylaxis in children and adolescents captured by South Carolina Emergency Room Hospital Discharge Database (SCERHDD) (2000-2002)Suzanne L West
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7521, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1255-67. 2007..We assessed the utility of a statewide emergency department (ED) database for identifying drug-related anaphylaxis in children by developing and validating an algorithm composed of ICD-9-CM codes...
- Physician reported communication about depression and psychosocial issues during postpartum visitsBetsy Lynn Sleath
School of Pharmacy and a research associate at the Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
N C Med J 68:151-5. 2007....
- Assessing the need to update prevention guidelines: a comparison of two methodsGerald Gartlehner
Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, 725 Airport Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 16:399-406. 2004..Recently, Shekelle and colleagues proposed a model of limited literature searches with modest expert involvement as a way to reduce the cost and time requirements for assessing whether a guideline needs updating...
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder in postmenopausal women: quality of life and health burdenAndrea K Biddle
Department of Health Policy and Management, Gillings, School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Value Health 12:763-72. 2009..To describe the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) implications of hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in a national sample of postmenopausal women ages 30–70...
- Validation of neural tube defects in the full featured--general practice research databaseScott Devine
University of NC School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:434-44. 2008..Our objective was to determine if the GPRD could be used to identify cases of neural tube defects (NTDs)...
- Screening for suicide risk in adults: a summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceBradley N Gaynes
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:822-35. 2004..Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death and the seventh leading cause of years of potential life lost in the United States. Although suicide is of great public health significance, its clinical management is complicated...
- Transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) polymorphism and context-specific risk of type 2 diabetes in African American and Caucasian adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studyYu Yan
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 58:285-9. 2009..Moreover, few studies have investigated the effects of TCF7L2 on type 2 diabetes in the context of metabolic risk factors of type 2 diabetes...
- Prevalence of low sexual desire and hypoactive sexual desire disorder in a nationally representative sample of US womenSuzanne L West
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1441-9. 2008..We sought to estimate the prevalence of low sexual desire and hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in US women, focusing on their menopausal status...
- Defining the competencies of those conducting pharmacovigilanceBrian Edwards
Medical Services, PAREXEL International Ltd, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:193-8. 2006....