A K Wesa
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Polarized type-1 dendritic cells (DC1) producing high levels of IL-12 family members rescue patient TH1-type antimelanoma CD4+ T cell responses in vitroAmy Wesa
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 1513, USA
J Immunother 30:75-82. 2007..These results suggest that preexisting CD4+ T cell immunity to cancer is not relegated to Type-1 insufficiency and may be corrected via the application of DC1-based vaccination protocols...
- Killer dendritic cells: mechanisms of action and therapeutic implications for cancerA K Wesa
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cell Death Differ 15:51-7. 2008..In this review, we will critically examine the published record regarding KDC, their mechanism(s) of action, and then consider the potential integration of KDC into novel immunotherapies for patients with cancer...
- Enhancement in specific CD8+ T cell recognition of EphA2+ tumors in vitro and in vivo after treatment with ligand agonistsAmy K Wesa
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School ofMedicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 181:7721-7. 2008..These results suggest that strategies targeting the conditional proteasome-mediated destruction of tumor cell EphA2 may enable EphA2-specific CD8(+) T cells (of modest functional avidity) to realize improved therapeutic potential...
- Increased production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and enhanced T cell responses after activation of human dendritic cells with IL-1 and CD40 ligandAmy Wesa
Cancer Biology Program and Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute of Wayne State University, Detroit, USA
BMC Immunol 3:14. 2002..The immuno-stimulatory capacity of such DC is otherwise not well-defined prompting further characterization of the effects of IL-1 and family members on DC activation in comparison with other pro-inflammatory stimuli...
- GPL, a novel cytokine receptor related to GP130 and leukemia inhibitory factor receptorCaroline Diveu
INSERM U564, CHU d Angers, 49033 Angers, France
J Biol Chem 278:49850-9. 2003..Results indicated that association of GPL to the intracellular portions of gp130, or LIF receptor, allowed the signaling cascade...
- 4-1BB-ligand is regulated on human dendritic cells and induces the production of IL-12Diego Laderach
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA
Cell Immunol 226:37-44. 2003..Data illustrate reciprocal stimulations between T cells and APC via up-regulated receptor/ligands and production of key cytokines that consolidate cellular immune responses...
- alpha-type-1 polarized dendritic cells: a novel immunization tool with optimized CTL-inducing activityRobbie B Mailliard
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 1863, USA
Cancer Res 64:5934-7. 2004..Serum-free generation of alphaDC1 allows, for the first time, the clinical application of DCs that combine the key three features important for their efficacy as anticancer vaccines...
- Preferential expression of very late antigen-4 on type 1 CTL cells plays a critical role in trafficking into central nervous system tumorsKotaro Sasaki
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Res 67:6451-8. 2007....
- Interleukin-12: biological properties and clinical applicationMichele Del Vecchio
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:4677-85. 2007..More effective application of this cytokine, and of newly identified IL-12 family members (IL-23 and IL-27), should be evaluated as therapeutic agents with considerable potential in cancer patients...