Affiliation: University of California
- Ca permeable AMPA channels in diseases of the nervous systemJohn H Weiss
Department of Neurology, University of California Irvine Irvine, CA, USA
Front Mol Neurosci 4:42. 2011..This review summarizes some of the clues that have emerged over recent years to the contributions of these channels in disease...
- Slow development of ALS-like spinal cord pathology in mutant valosin-containing protein gene knock-in miceH Z Yin
Department of Neurology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4292, USA
Cell Death Dis 3:e374. 2012....
- Mechanisms of rapid reactive oxygen species generation in response to cytosolic Ca2+ or Zn2+ loads in cortical neuronsAaron Clausen
Department of Neurology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e83347. 2013..This may be of particular relevance to conditions like ischemia in which cytosolic Zn(2+) buffering is impaired due to acidosis and oxidative stress. ..
- Cancer stem cells from a rare form of glioblastoma multiforme involving the neurogenic ventricular wallShengwen Calvin Li
Neuro Oncology Research Laboratory, Center for Neuroscience and Stem Cell Research, Children s Hospital of Orange County CHOC Research Institute, 455 South Main Street, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Cancer Cell Int 12:41. 2012..abstract:..
- Zn(2+): a novel ionic mediator of neural injury in brain diseaseJ H Weiss
University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4292, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 21:395-401. 2000..Further elucidation of the pathological actions of Zn(2+) in the brain should result in new therapeutic approaches to these conditions...
- The homozygote VCP(R¹⁵⁵H/R¹⁵⁵H) mouse model exhibits accelerated human VCP-associated disease pathologyAngele Nalbandian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46308. 2012....
- ZN2+ AND CALCIUM PERMEABLE AMPA/KAINATE CHANNELSJohn Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that these experiments will provide initial clues to physiological effects of Zn2+ that may be of importance to selective neurodegeneration in disease as well as to normal neuronal functioning. ..
- CA2+, ZN2+ AND SELECTIVE EXCITOTOXIC NEURODEGENERATIONJohn Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally studies in slice preparations will examine the role of Ca2+ and Zn2+ flux through Ca-A/K channels in hippocampal pyramidal neuronal injury in situ. ..
- AMPA/Kainate Receptors, Free Radicals, And Motor Neuron InjuryJohn H Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is hoped that these studies will further clarify sequences of events culminating in selective MN loss in ALS, and thereby facilitate development of new treatment strategies. ..