Geoffrey R Weiss
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Doege-Potter syndrome presenting with hypoinsulinemic hypoglycemia in a patient with a malignant extrapleural solitary fibrous tumor: a case reportRobert C Schutt
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, PO Box 800696, Charlottesville, VA, 22908, USA
J Med Case Rep 7:11. 2013..abstract:..
- Molecular insights on the peripheral and intratumoral effects of systemic high-dose rIL-2 (aldesleukin) administration for the treatment of metastatic melanomaGeoffrey R Weiss
Department of Medicine Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7440-50. 2011..These effects are independent of tumor response to treatment. Here, we prospectively evaluated transcriptional alterations induced by rIL-2 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and within melanoma metastases...
- Unresectable cholangiocarcinoma: comparison of survival in biliary stenting alone versus stenting with photodynamic therapyMichel Kahaleh
Digestive Health Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0708, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:290-7. 2008..We compared survival in patients with unresectable cholangiocarcinoma undergoing endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with PDT and stent placement with a group undergoing ERCP with stent placement alone...
- Preoperative capecitabine and concurrent radiation for borderline resectable pancreatic cancerJayme B Stokes
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:619-27. 2011..Patients with borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) represent a high-risk group of patients due to tumor or patient-related characteristics. The optimal management of these patients has not been fully defined...
- Clinical activity and safety of combination therapy with temsirolimus and bevacizumab for advanced melanoma: a phase II trial (CTEP 7190/Mel47)Craig L Slingluff
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:3611-20. 2013..A CTEP-sponsored phase II trial was conducted to evaluate safety and clinical activity of combination therapy with CCI-779 (temsirolimus) and bevacizumab in patients with advanced melanoma...
- Surgical management of the patient with metastatic melanoma to the heartJoshua M Judge
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Card Surg 28:124-8. 2013..We report two cases of cardiac metastasis of melanoma and review the current literature. In addition, we propose an algorithm for dealing with this difficult problem...
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel, carboplatin, and topotecan with G-CSF support in previously untreated patients with extensive stage small cell lung cancer: Southwest Oncology Group 9914Paul J Hesketh
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center of Boston, Boston, MA 02135, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:991-5. 2006....
- Phase II study of consolidation paclitaxel after concurrent chemoradiation in poor-risk stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: SWOG S9712Angela M Davies
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5242-6. 2006..This study evaluated adding consolidation paclitaxel after chemoradiotherapy for a similar patient cohort...
- A phase II clinical trial of oral bropirimine in combination with intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guérin for carcinoma in situ of the bladder: a Southwest Oncology Group StudyMichael F Sarosdy
South Texas Urology and Urologic Oncology, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Urol Oncol 23:386-9. 2005..To estimate the probability of response when intravesical bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is given in combination with oral bropirimine for bladder carcinoma in situ, and to evaluate toxicity when the 2 agents are combined...
- Phase II trial of single agent carboplatin followed by dose-intense paclitaxel, followed by maintenance paclitaxel therapy in stage IV ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancers: a Southwest Oncology Group trialMaurie Markman
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 88:282-8. 2003....
- Phase II trial of recombinant human interleukin-4 in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma: a southwest oncology group studyRobert P Whitehead
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0565, USA
J Immunother 25:352-8. 2002..Despite promising growth inhibitory and immunologic effects, IL-4 in this dose and schedule is not useful for the treatment of patients with disseminated renal cell carcinoma...
- SOUTHWEST ONCOLOGY GROUPGeoffrey Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004....