Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Low isoniazid concentrations and outcome of tuberculosis treatment with once-weekly isoniazid and rifapentineMarc Weiner
University of Texas Health Science Center, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio 78284, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1341-7. 2003....
- Pharmacokinetics of rifapentine at 600, 900, and 1,200 mg during once-weekly tuberculosis therapyMarc Weiner
Department of Medicine, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:1191-7. 2004..The present pharmacokinetic study supports further trials to determine the optimal rifapentine dose for treatment of tuberculosis...
- Association between acquired rifamycin resistance and the pharmacokinetics of rifabutin and isoniazid among patients with HIV and tuberculosisMarc Weiner
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:1481-91. 2005..Beyond these associations, the pathogenesis of acquired rifamycin resistance is unknown...
- Evaluation of the drug interaction between rifabutin and efavirenz in patients with HIV infection and tuberculosisMarc Weiner
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, TX, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:1343-9. 2005..To assess this recommendation, rifabutin and efavirenz pharmacokinetic parameters were investigated...
- Effects of rifampin and multidrug resistance gene polymorphism on concentrations of moxifloxacinMarc Weiner
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2861-6. 2007..Additional studies are required to understand the clinical significance of the moxifloxacin-rifampin interaction...
- Effects of tuberculosis, race, and human gene SLCO1B1 polymorphisms on rifampin concentrationsMarc Weiner
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas 78229 4404, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4192-200. 2010....
- Evaluation of time to detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in broth culture as a determinant for end points in treatment trialsMarc Weiner
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, VAMC, Division of Infectious Diseases 111, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio TX 78229 4404, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:4370-6. 2010..Time to detection in an analysis-of-covariance model was associated with lung cavities, less intensive treatment, and differences in the bactericidal effects of treatment regimens...
- Rifapentine Pharmacokinetics and Tolerability in Children and Adults Treated Once Weekly With Rifapentine and Isoniazid for Latent Tuberculosis InfectionMarc Weiner
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc 3:132-45. 2014..Children received higher rifapentine milligram per kilogram doses than adults. In the present pharmacokinetic study (a component of the PREVENT TB trial), rifapentine exposure was compared between children and adults...
- Pharmacokinetic interaction of rifapentine and raltegravir in healthy volunteersMarc Weiner
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:1079-85. 2014..However, antimycobacterial rifamycins have drug interactions with many antiretroviral drugs. We evaluated the effect of rifapentine on the pharmacokinetic properties of raltegravir...
- Rifapentine and isoniazid once a week versus rifampicin and isoniazid twice a week for treatment of drug-susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV-negative patients: a randomised clinical trialDebra Benator
Lancet 360:528-34. 2002..Rifapentine has a long half-life in serum, which suggests a possible treatment once a week for tuberculosis. We aimed to compare rifapentine and isoniazid once a week with rifampicin and isoniazid twice a week...
- Fluoroquinolone susceptibility among Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from the United States and CanadaLorna Bozeman
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:386-91. 2005....
- Acquired rifamycin resistance with twice-weekly treatment of HIV-related tuberculosisWilliam Burman
Denver Public Health, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:350-6. 2006..Rifabutin was recommended in place of rifampin during treatment of HIV-related tuberculosis (TB) to facilitate concomitant potent antiretroviral therapy, but this approach has not been evaluated in a prospective study...
- Stability of antituberculosis drugs mixed in foodCharles A Peloquin
Clin Infect Dis 45:521. 2007
- Combined therapy with cinacalcet and low doses of vitamin D sterols in patients with moderate to severe secondary hyperparathyroidismGeoffrey A Block
Denver Nephrologists, Denver, CO 80230, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2311-8. 2008....