Tracey L Weigel
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy for malignant and premalignant diseases of the esophagusJames D Maloney
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Section of Thoracic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, H4 320 CSC, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Surg Clin North Am 88:979-90, vi. 2008..This article describes the technique the authors use for laparoscopic-thoracoscopic esophagectomy. Comparison data are presented for alternative endoscopic therapy primarily used in candidates not suitable for surgery...
- BAP1 cancer syndrome: malignant mesothelioma, uveal and cutaneous melanoma, and MBAITsMichele Carbone
University of Hawai i Cancer Center, 677 Ala Moana Boulevard, Suite 901, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Transl Med 10:179. 2012....
- Endoluminal palliation for dysphagia secondary to esophageal carcinomaTracey L Weigel
Section of Thoracic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, CSC H4 346, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Surg Clin North Am 82:747-61. 2002..Ideally, physicians who palliate dysphagia secondary to esophageal cancer should be facile in both endoscopic ablative and stenting techniques and have a close working relationship with both radiation and medical oncologists...
- Radioguided thoracoscopic mediastinal parathyroidectomy with intraoperative parathyroid hormone testingTracey L Weigel
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1262-5. 2005..The goal of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of radioguided thoracoscopic mediastinal parathyroidectomy and intraoperative immunoreactive parathyroid hormone (iPTH) level testing to guide completeness of resection...
- Acute esophageal necrosis: "black esophagus"Joanna Hwang
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Department of Gastroenterology, University of Wisconsin, Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
JSLS 11:165-7. 2007..The patient's postoperative course was uneventful, and she was discharged home on postoperative day 6, tolerating a normal diet. The percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube was removed in clinic 2 months postoperatively...
- Primary cardiac sarcomaMaryam Hamidi
Department of Human Oncology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:176-81. 2010..The presentation, management, and outcome of patients with primary cardiac sarcomas are not well defined. Furthermore, the role of adjuvant therapy has not been delineated in the management of primary cardiac sarcomas...
- A Twelve-Year Consecutive Case Experience in Thoracic ReconstructionJenny T Chen
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis Maine Medical Center, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Portland, Maine and Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 4:e638. 2016..We describe the second largest contemporary series of flaps used in thoracic reconstruction...
- Nuclear EGFR protein expression predicts poor survival in early stage non-small cell lung cancerAnne M Traynor
Department of Medicine and Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Lung Cancer 81:138-41. 2013..We sought to determine if protein expression of nEGFR is prognostic in early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Integrated PET/CT fusion imaging and endoscopic ultrasound in the pre-operative staging and evaluation of esophageal cancerAndrew J Walker
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, H6 516d Clinical Science Center 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792 5124, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 13:166-71. 2011..The objective of this study is to evaluate the role of integrated PET/CT imaging and EUS in the staging of ECA...
- Transgastric laparoscopic resection of a giant esophageal lipomaTracey L Weigel
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:160-2. 2005..We conclude that transgastric laparoscopy should be considered for the resection of a variety of pedunculated esophageal lesions when the use of standard endoscopic techniques is not possible...
- Replication-competent herpes virus NV1020 as direct treatment of pleural cancer in a rat modelMichael I Ebright
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:123-9. 2002..This study examines NV1020 in a rat model of pleura-based lung cancer...