Kevin R Ward
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Non-linear dynamical signal characterization for prediction of defibrillation success through machine learningSharad Shandilya
Department of Computer Science, Virginia Commonwealth University, VCU Reanimation Engineering Science Center, 1818 Providence Creek Cir, Richmond, VA 23236, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:116. 2012..We compare these results with those obtained using the Amplitude Spectral Area (AMSA) technique...
- An automated method for analysis of microcirculation videos for accurate assessment of tissue perfusionSumeyra U Demir
Signal Processing Technologies LLC, Richmond, VA, USA
BMC Med Imaging 12:37. 2012..An automated system tool that can extract microvasculature information and monitor changes in tissue perfusion quantitatively might be invaluable as a diagnostic and therapeutic endpoint for resuscitation...
- The microcirculation: linking trauma and coagulopathyKevin R Ward
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Transfusion 53:38S-47S. 2013..A better understanding of these issues will be necessary in order to advance the practice of remote damage control resuscitation...
- Examining platelet-fibrin interactions during traumatic shock in a swine model using platelet contractile force and clot elastic modulusNathan J White
Reanimation Engineering Science Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:379-87. 2011....
- Assessing shock resuscitation strategies by oxygen debt repaymentRobert Wayne Barbee
Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Shock 33:113-22. 2010..The model also provides an unambiguous and objective standard for quantifying the behavior of various postulated shock "markers"...
- Sublingual tissue perfusion improves during emergency treatment of acute decompensated heart failureChristopher J Hogan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298 0401, USA
Am J Emerg Med 30:872-80. 2012..The aim of this study was to measure sublingual perfused capillary density (PCD) to assess sublingual microvascular perfusion during emergency department (ED) treatment of acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF)...
- Use of pelvic hemostasis belt to control lethal pelvic arterial hemorrhage in a swine modelMohamad H Tiba
From the Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care M H T, G T D, B M M, H B A, J L E, K R W Department of Emergency Medicine M H T, G T D, B M M, K R W, and Department of Surgery H B A, J L E, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 78:524-9. 2015..We tested a prototype device called the pelvic hemostasis belt (PHB) for its ability to reduce or halt blood flow in a lethal model of pelvic arterial injury...
- Tissue oxygenation monitoring using resonance Raman spectroscopy during hemorrhageMohamad H Tiba
From the Department of Emergency Medicine M H T, G T D, K R W and the Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care M H T, G T D, K R W, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Departments of Emergency Medicine R W B and Chemistry J T, the Virginia Commonwealth University Reanimation Engineering Science Center R W B, J T, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia Damage Control Resuscitation I T F, US Army Institute for Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas Pendar Medical P R, D V, Cambridge, Massachusetts
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 76:402-8. 2014....
- Peripheral tissue oxygenation improves during ED treatment of acute heart failureChristopher J Hogan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23238 0401, USA
Am J Emerg Med 30:196-202. 2012..The objective of the study was to quantitatively characterize peripheral tissue microvascular oxygenation during emergency department (ED) treatment of acute heart failure (HF)...
- Coagulopathy and traumatic shock: characterizing hemostatic function during the critical period prior to fluid resuscitationNathan J White
Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, AD Williams Clinic 2nd Floor, Room 242, 1201 East Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Resuscitation 81:111-6. 2010..A combat-relevant swine model was used to investigate the development of coagulopathy during trauma by monitoring hemostatic function during increasing severity of shock...
- Androstenediol reverses steroid-inhibited wound healingV Ramana Feeser
Department of Emergency Medicine, Reanimation, Engineering and Shock Center, VCU Medical Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1101 East Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Wound Repair Regen 17:758-61. 2009..These findings suggest that restoration of immune regulation by androstenediol can reverse the delayed open wound contraction secondary to steroid stress...