Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Animal rabies in Massachusetts, 1985-2006Xingtai Wang
William A Hinton State Laboratory Institute, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:375-87. 2009..Wild animal rabies presents a significant threat to humans and domestic/companion animals and increased costs related to increased demand for rabies testing, postexposure prophylaxis as well as euthanasia of valuable domestic animals...
- Bat rabies in Massachusetts, USA, 1985-2009Xingtai Wang
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1285-8. 2010..Bat submissions were associated with level of rabies awareness and specific postexposure recommendations...
- Signs Observed Among Animal Species Infected with Raccoon Rabies Variant Virus, Massachusetts, USA, 1992-2010Xingtai Wang
Bureau of Laboratory Science, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, 305 South Street, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Animals (Basel) 1:396-401. 2011..001). The result suggested the importance of avoiding aggressive terrestrial wild animals and giving additional attention to pets with multiple clinical signs. ..
- Aggression and rabid coyotes, massachusetts, USAXingtai Wang
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:357-9. 2010..From 1985 through 2008, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health tested coyotes by following the standard direct fluorescent antibody testing protocol published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (4)...
- Submitter and technician observations, and animal rabies detection in Massachusetts, 1992-2006Xingtai Wang
Rabies Laboratory, State Laboratory Institute, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:81-3. 2008..05 level adjusted by categorized animal species and type of animal. Fisher exact test confirmed the relationship between embedded porcupine quills and skunk spray of rabies-tested animals with positive rabies testing results...
- Factors associated with rabid animals since the introduction of raccoon rabies variant in Massachusetts, 1992-2007Xingtai Wang
Division of Molecular Diagnostics and Virology, William A Hinton State Laboratory Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:275-81. 2010..13), ataxia (OR = 1.36), disorientation (OR = 1.67), paralysis ( OR = 1.37), and the presence of unexplained wounds (OR = 1.27) were all significantly associated with a positive rabies testing result at the alpha = 0.05 level...