M Chad Wallis
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Padded self-adhesive strap immobilization following newborn bladder exstrophy closure: the Utah strapsM Chad Wallis
Division of Pediatric Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah Electronic address
J Urol 190:2216-20. 2013..We hypothesized that immobilization can be significantly simplified using a modified mermaid wrap with padded Velcro® straps around the thigh and lower leg...
- Risk assessment of incidentally detected complex renal cysts in children: potential role for a modification of the Bosniak classificationM Chad Wallis
Division of Pediatric Urology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 180:317-21. 2008..Incidentally detected complex renal cysts in children are a rare but worrisome occurrence due to the perceived potential risk of malignancy. We examined the natural history of such cysts in a cohort of children...
- Parameatal urethral cysts in prepubertal malesHeather L Willis
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Urol 185:1042-5. 2011..Parameatal urethral cyst in boys is an uncommon and often poorly understood condition. We describe the largest known series of 18 prepubertal boys with parameatal cysts...
- Short-term outcomes of Chait Trapdoor for antegrade continence enema in adultsJeremy B Myers
Department of Surgery and the Center for Reconstructive Urology and Men s Health, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT Electronic address
Urology 83:1423-6. 2014..To examine our short-term experience of antegrade continence enema (ACE) delivered via a Chait Trapdoor (Cook Medical, Bloomington, IN) in adults with intractable neurogenic bowel...
- Is there a learning curve for subureteric injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid in the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux?Stephen D Bennett
University of Utah Division of Urology, Primary Children s Medical Center, Department of Pediatric Urology, 100N Mario Capecchi Drive, Ste 2200, Salt Lake City, UT 84113 1100, USA
J Pediatr Urol 6:122-4. 2010..To answer the question: 'Is there a learning curve associated with a subureteric injection of Deflux(®)?'..
- 250 consecutive unilateral extravesical ureteral reimplantations in an outpatient settingChristopher Wicher
Division of Urology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Urol 184:311-4. 2010..Initial reports showed that the procedure could be feasibly done on an outpatient basis. We present further data on a large series of consecutive, planned, outpatient unilateral extravesical ureteral reimplantations...
- Enterocystoplasty 30-day outcomes from National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Pediatric 2012Kefu Du
Division of Urology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East Room 3b110, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 50:1535-9. 2015..Enterocystoplasty is an important procedure in the management of children with difficult neurogenic bladder. We report on short-term complications as captured by National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) Pediatric...
- Epididymitis: a 21-year retrospective review of presentations to an outpatient urology clinicJeffrey D Redshaw
Division of Urology, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
J Urol 192:1203-7. 2014..We describe patient characteristics and age distribution of epididymitis in an outpatient pediatric urology referral practice during a 21-year period...
- Reliability of voiding cystourethrogram for the grading of vesicoureteral refluxBrock B O'Neil
Division of Urology, University of Utah, Primary Children s Medical Center, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA Electronic address
J Pediatr Urol 10:107-11. 2014..Recently, the reliability of VCUG to accurately grade VUR has been questioned. The purpose of this study is to examine reliability of the VCUG for the grading of VUR in a setting mimicking daily practice in a busy pediatric hospital...
- Pediatric urinary stone composition in the United StatesJ Scott Gabrielsen
Division of Urology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84113, USA
J Urol 187:2182-7. 2012..However, stone composition studies in this population are limited. We sought to determine the effects of age, gender and geographical location on urinary stone composition in the United States pediatric population...