Anne B Wallis
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- A probabilistic sampling method (PSM) for estimating geographic distance to health services when only the region of residence is knownKirsten M M Beyer
Institute for Health and Society, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 53226, USA
Int J Health Geogr 10:4. 2011..However, estimated distances are often imprecise and, we suspect, biased due to a lack of specific residential location data. In many cases, to protect subject confidentiality, data sets contain only a ZIP Code or a county...
- "This is not a well place": neighborhood and stress in PigtownAnne Baber Wallis
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Health Care Women Int 31:113-30. 2010....
- Reliability and validity of the Romanian version of a scale to measure infant feeding attitudes and knowledgeAnne Baber Wallis
Department of Epidemiology and Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Acta Paediatr 97:1194-9. 2008..To describe the development and testing of the Romanian version of the Iowa Infant Feeding Attitude Scale (IIFAS-R). The original instrument has well-established psychometrics for use in English-speaking countries...
- Secular trends in the rates of preeclampsia, eclampsia, and gestational hypertension, United States, 1987-2004Anne B Wallis
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Hypertens 21:521-6. 2008..We describe population trends in the incidence rates of preeclampsia, eclampsia, and gestational hypertension in the United States for 1987-2004...
- An international model for staffing maternal and child health research: the use of undergraduate studentsAnne Baber Wallis
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, University of Iowa, College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Breastfeed Med 2:139-44. 2007..Undergraduate students in developing countries in Central and Eastern Europe are a valuable, untapped resource for expanding MCH capacity. We recommend adoption of this cost-effective approach to foster high-quality MCH research...
- Myron Wegman: early days, lasting influenceAnne Baber Wallis
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:5-11. 2006....
- A structured public health approach to increasing rates and duration of breastfeeding in RomaniaAnne Baber Wallis
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Breastfeed Med 6:429-32. 2011..We posit that an important problem is lack of support and education in the weeks and months following the birth. The nature of this problem suggests the need for an integrated and structured public health solution...
- Motivational interviewing and intimate partner violence: a randomized trialAudrey F Saftlas
Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA Electronic address
Ann Epidemiol 24:144-50. 2014..To determine if motivational interviewing (MI) improves self-efficacy (primary outcome), depressive symptoms (secondary outcome), and stage-of-readiness-to-change (secondary outcome) among women in abusive relationships...
- "Nurses Don't Hate Change" -- survey of nurses in a neonatal intensive care unit regarding the implementation, use and effectiveness of a bar code medication administration systemFrank H Morriss
Division of Neonatology at the Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa, and attending neonatologist at the University of Iowa Children s Hospital, both in Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Healthc Q 12:135-40. 2009..These nurses were adaptive to the new technology when they believed it increases patient safety, nursing professionalism and job satisfaction and when they were supported by colleagues...
- Infant feeding attitudes and knowledge among socioeconomically disadvantaged women in GlasgowClaibourne I Dungy
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Iowa, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Matern Child Health J 12:313-22. 2008....
- Help-Seeking Behaviors of Abused Women in an Abortion Clinic PopulationMegan R W Tepoel
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Interpers Violence . 2016..Nearly half of women who screened positive for abuse in the past year had already sought or planned to seek help, indicating this population is receptive to intervention...
- Correction of systematic bias in ultrasound dating in studies of small-for-gestational-age birth: an example from the Iowa Health in Pregnancy StudyKarisa K Harland
Injury Prevention Research Center and Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 5000, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:443-55. 2012..9% and overestimated preterm delivery by 8.7%. This methodological approach can be applied by researchers using different study populations in similar research contexts...
- Association of seasonality with hypertension in pregnancy: a systematic reviewMegan R W Tepoel
Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa College of Public Health, 200 Hawkins Drive, GH C21M, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Reprod Immunol 89:140-52. 2011....
- Prenatal education is an opportunity for improved outcomes in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: results from an Internet-based surveyAnne B Wallis
Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:1565-7. 2013..We conclude that knowledge enables women to spot signs and symptoms, leading to earlier diagnosis and management, and reduced morbidity and mortality. We propose the adoption of formal guidelines on preeclampsia education...
- Prevalence of intimate partner violence among an abortion clinic populationAudrey F Saftlas
Department of Epidemiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1412-5. 2010..Violence severity increased with frequency. Abortion patients experience high intimate partner violence rates, indicating the need for targeted screening and community-based referral...
- Untangling an epidemiological knot: migraine and preeclampsiaAnne B Wallis
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Hypertens 21:245. 2008