Affiliation: University of North Dakota
- Carbohydrate antigens in nipple aspirate fluid predict the presence of atypia and cancer in women requiring diagnostic breast biopsySusan L Deutscher
University of Missouri, Department of Biochemistry, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
BMC Cancer 10:519. 2010....
- Confirmed recall and perceived effectiveness of tobacco countermarketing media in rural youthNancy Vogeltanz-Holm
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9037, USA
Prev Sci 10:325-34. 2009..Future research is needed to better understand which individual- and media-level factors increase the likelihood that anti-tobacco ads will be effective in reducing youth tobacco use...
- Relationships between health behaviors and weight status in American Indian and white rural childrenJeffrey E Holm
Department of Psychology and Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
J Rural Health 29:349-59. 2013..This study examined such relationships in young American Indian and white children living in the rural United States...
- Telephone-based motivational interviewing to promote physical activity and stage of change progression in older adultsKaitlin R Lilienthal
Department of Psychology and Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
J Aging Phys Act 22:527-35. 2014..These findings support the use of telephone-based MI for increasing physical activity in older adults in the short-term. Future studies will need to determine if follow-up booster sessions increase long-term efficacy. ..
- The role of fear and disgust in predicting the effectiveness of television advertisements that graphically depict the health harms of smokingHarpa Lind Jónsdóttir
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Prev Chronic Dis 11:E218. 2014..Our study tested the hypothesis that advertisements rated highest in fear- and disgust-eliciting imagery would be rated as the most effective...
- Community breastfeeding attitudes and beliefsPatty Vari
College of Nursing, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, USA
Health Care Women Int 34:592-606. 2013..Through the findings, the researchers suggest that exposure to breastfeeding and increasing positive breastfeeding attitudes and beliefs are important as the focus for public breastfeeding campaigns...
- Assessing health status, behavioral risks, and health disparities in American Indians living on the northern plains of the U.SJeffrey E Holm
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, 501 N Columbia Rd, Stop 9037, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9037, USA
Public Health Rep 125:68-78. 2010..We assessed health status and behavioral risks in American Indians (AIs) from rural, northern plains reservation communities...