Michael M Vigoda
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Failure to recognize loss of incoming data in an anesthesia record-keeping system may have increased medical liabilityMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management, Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Anesth Analg 102:1798-802. 2006....
- Perioperative cardiac evaluation of simulated patients by practicing anesthesiologists is not consistent with 2007 ACC/AHA guidelinesMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Clin Anesth 24:446-55. 2012..To determine if practicing anesthesiologists recommend preoperative evaluations consistent with the 2007 ACC/AHA guidelines on perioperative care...
- E-record, e-liability. Addressing medico-legal issues in electronic recordsMichael Vigoda
Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
J AHIMA 79:48-52; quiz 55-6. 2008
- Shortcomings and challenges of information system adoptionMichael M Vigoda
Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, University of Miami Health System, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 29:397-412. 2011..Security, quality of information delivery, regulatory issues, and return on investment will continue as challenges in implementing and maintaining this new technology...
- Targeting operating room inefficiencies in the complex management of vision-threatening diseases in childrenMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, Preoperative Medicine, and Pain Management, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Ave, Room C 301, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1241-3. 2008..To review the effect of interventions designed to decrease turnover time in infants and children (median age, 2.6 years; range, 1 month to 10 years) who required examinations under anesthesia...
- The use of an anesthesia information system to identify and trend gender disparities in outpatient medical management of patients with coronary artery diseaseMichael M Vigoda
Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida, USA
Anesth Analg 107:185-92. 2008....
- 2007 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) Guidelines on perioperative cardiac evaluation are usually incorrectly applied by anesthesiology residents evaluating simulated patientsMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Anesth Analg 112:940-9. 2011..We estimated the percentage of residents nationwide who correctly applied suggested testing algorithms from the ACC/AHA guidelines when they evaluated simulated patients in common clinical scenarios...
- Discrepancies in medication entries between anesthetic and pharmacy records using electronic databasesMichael M Vigoda
Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Anesth Analg 105:1061-5, table of contents. 2007..Linking anesthesia information management systems (AIMS) with medication dispensing systems may facilitate automated reconciliation of medication discrepancies...
- Changing medical group behaviors: increasing the rate of documentation of quality assurance events using an anesthesia information systemMichael M Vigoda
Center for Informatics and Perioperative Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine, and Pain Management, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Ave C 300, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Anesth Analg 103:390-5, table of contents. 2006..As implementation of anesthesia information systems increases, attention to user interface design may be a key component in the functionality and utility of these systems...
- The medicolegal importance of enhancing timeliness of documentation when using an anesthesia information system and the response to automated feedback in an academic practiceMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management, University of Miami Miller School ofMedicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Anesth Analg 103:131-6, table of contents. 2006..Once the habits were ingrained, further input was rarely necessary over the next 9 mo. This suggests physician behavioral change related to work process flow, unlike that related to patient care, is easily sustained...
- Future of electronic health records: implications for decision supportBrian Rothman
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 79:757-68. 2012..Using electronic health record data in real-time for decision support and process automation has the potential to both reduce costs and improve the quality of patient care...
- Pacifier-induced bowel obstruction-not so soothingHolly L Neville
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Holtz Childrens Hospital, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:e13-5. 2008..We report a case of a complete bowel obstruction because of an ingested pacifier nipple and recommend increased awareness among practitioners as well as education of parents...
- Transition to a novel advanced integrated vitrectomy platform: comparison of the surgical impact of moving from the Accurus vitrectomy platform to the Constellation Vision System for microincisional vitrectomy surgeryTimothy G Murray
Murray Ocular Oncology and Retina, Miami, FL, USA Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital, Departments of Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology and Radiation Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 7:367-77. 2013..This study compared, in a matched fashion, surgical use of the Accurus vitrectomy system and the next generation Constellation Vision System to evaluate surgical efficiencies, complications, and user perceptions of this transition...
- Can children undergoing ophthalmologic examinations under anesthesia be safely anesthetized without using an IV line?Michael M Vigoda
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 5:503-8. 2011..We performed a retrospective study to determine our incidence of IV access placement during examinations under anesthesia (EUA) and the incidence of adverse events that required intraoperative IV access placement...
- Prediction of uterine contractions using knowledge-assisted sequential pattern analysisZifang Huang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 60:1290-7. 2013....
- Intravitreal injection analysis at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute: evaluation of clinical indications for the treatment and incidence rates of endophthalmitisLudimila L Cavalcante
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami Miller School, of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 4:519-24. 2010..To report the incidence of endophthalmitis, in addition to its clinical and microbiological aspects, after intravitreal injection of vascular-targeting agents...
- Anesthesia information management systems: a survey of current implementation policies and practicesRichard H Epstein
Department of Anesthesiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Anesth Analg 105:405-11. 2007....
- Evidence-based management assessment of return on investment from anesthesia information management systemsFranklin Dexter
College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
AANA J 75:43-8. 2007..Financial advantages can be marked for the anesthesia providers, although hospitals are more likely to purchase the AIMS...
- Anesthesia information management system implementation: a practical guideStanley Muravchick
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Dulles Suite 680, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Anesth Analg 107:1598-608. 2008..This collaborative effort summarizes essential considerations for successful AIMS implementation, including product evaluation, assessment of information technology needs, resource availability, leadership roles, and training...