Sara R Vazquez
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Advances in the diagnosis and management of postthrombotic syndromeSara R Vazquez
University of Utah Health Care Thrombosis Service, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 25:391-402. 2012..Ongoing clinical trials should provide insight on risk factors, and interventions for PTS prevention and treatment. In particular, use of early thrombolysis for acute iliofemoral DVT to prevent PTS is currently being investigated...
- Azathioprine-induced warfarin resistanceSara R Vazquez
UDepartment of Pharmacy Services, University Thrombosis Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1118-23. 2008..To describe a case of azathioprine-induced warfarin resistance, present a literature review on warfarin-azathioprine interactions, and provide recommendations on appropriate management of this clinically significant interaction...
- Contemporary issues in the prevention and management of postthrombotic syndromeSara R Vazquez
University of Utah Thrombosis Service, Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1824-35. 2009..To provide an evidence-based review and clinical summary of postthrombotic syndrome (PTS)...
- Peri-procedural anticoagulation in patients undergoing ablation for atrial fibrillationSara R Vazquez
University of Utah Thrombosis Service, University of Utah, Department of Pharmacy Services, 675 Arapeen Drive, Suite 100, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Thromb Res 126:e69-77. 2010..In accordance with national guidelines, warfarin should be continued post-ablation for a minimum of 2 months and then indefinitely in patients with a CHADS(2) score >or= 2...
- Anticoagulation clinic workflow analysisSara R Vazquez
University Thrombosis Center, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 49:78-85. 2009..To evaluate a workflow model and define factors affecting patient visit length in an anticoagulation clinic primarily treating an urban patient population...
- Current challenges in personalizing warfarin therapyGwendolyn A McMillin
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, ARUP Laboratories, UT, USA
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 4:349-62. 2011..Through further investigative work, allowing these personalized strategies to realize their full potential, warfarin may remain a preferred therapeutic oral anticoagulant for years to come...
- Correction factor to improve agreement between point-of-care and laboratory International Normalized Ratio valuesStacy A Johnson
University of Utah Health Care Thrombosis Service, Salt Lake City, UT
Am J Health Syst Pharm 74:e24-e31. 2017..Results of a research project to quantify and improve the accuracy of point-of-care (POC) International Normalized Ratio (INR) values are reported...