Jeroen van Meijgaard
Affiliation: University of California
- Trends in recreational computer use among Latino children in CaliforniaJeroen van Meijgaard
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, CHS 61 253, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:437-41. 2013....
- Estimating benefits of past, current, and future reductions in smoking rates using a comprehensive model with competing causes of deathJeroen van Meijgaard
Department of Health Services, University of California, Los Angeles School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E122. 2012..The objective of this study was to use a life course model with multiple competing causes of death to elucidate the ongoing benefits of tobacco-use control efforts on US death rates...
- Assessing and forecasting population health: integrating knowledge and beliefs in a comprehensive frameworkJeroen van Meijgaard
University of California Los Angeles School of Public Health, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Public Health Rep 124:778-89. 2009....
- Long-term effects of health factor modification in Milwaukee CountyLu Shi
Departments of Health Services, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:133-8. 2013..The cost-effectiveness ratios for Quitline expansion, diabetes screening, and recreational facility construction are $1802, $1285, and $1322, per DFLY gained, respectively...
- Does neighbourhood composition modify the association between acculturation and unhealthy dietary behaviours?Donglan Zhang
Department of Health Policy and Management, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 69:724-31. 2015..This study aims to create a more nuanced understanding of the health effects of acculturation by examining how neighbourhood immigrant composition modifies the association between individuals' eating patterns and acculturation...
- The Interaction Between an Individual's Acculturation and Community Factors on Physical Inactivity and Obesity: A Multilevel AnalysisLu Shi
Lu Shi is with the Department of Public Health Science, Clemson University, Clemson, SC Donglan Zhang, Jeroen van Meijgaard, and Jonathan E Fielding are with the Center for Health Advancement, Department of Health Policy and Management, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles Kara E MacLeod is with the Institute for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Am J Public Health 105:1460-7. 2015..We examined whether the interactions between primarily speaking English at home and community-level measures (median household income and immigrant composition) are associated with physical inactivity and obesity...
- Forecasting diabetes prevalence in California: a microsimulationLu Shi
School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A80. 2011..Setting a goal for controlling type 2 diabetes is important for planning health interventions. The purpose of this study was to explore what may be a feasible goal for type 2 diabetes prevention in California...