Robert J Valuck
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Spillover effects on treatment of adult depression in primary care after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIsRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1198-205. 2007..The authors examine the effects of this pediatric policy on treatment of adult depression in the community...
- How expensive is antipsychotic polypharmacy? Experience from five US state Medicaid programsRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2567-76. 2007..To characterize healthcare costs associated with antipsychotic polypharmacy and to investigate predictors of high-cost patients...
- Antidepressant treatment and risk of suicide attempt by adolescents with major depressive disorder: a propensity-adjusted retrospective cohort studyRobert J Valuck
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
CNS Drugs 18:1119-32. 2004..A large database of paid health insurance claims for adolescents with MDD provided the opportunity to examine this possible relationship...
- A case-control study on adverse effects: H2 blocker or proton pump inhibitor use and risk of vitamin B12 deficiency in older adultsRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:422-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the possible association between use of prescription histamine H-2 receptor antagonists (H2RA) or proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and vitamin B(12) deficiency in older adults...
- A retrospective cohort study of correlates of response to pharmacologic therapy for hyperlipidemia in members of a managed care organizationRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 25:2936-57. 2003..Few studies have examined the effectiveness of statins in a managed care setting...
- Statin and statin-fibrate use was significantly associated with increased myositis risk in a managed care populationDavid L McClure
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:812-8. 2007..We quantified the risk of myositis associated with statin and fibrate drug use with other covariates within a managed care organization (MCO) population...
- Frequency of provider contact after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIsElaine H Morrato
University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:42-50. 2008..In this study, the authors compared trends in the frequency of provider contacts for patients with depression before and after the advisory was issued...
- Decline in treatment of pediatric depression after FDA advisory on risk of suicidality with SSRIsAnne M Libby
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Nighthorse Campbell Native Health Building, PO Box 6508, Campus Box F800, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:884-91. 2007....
- Prevalence, utilization patterns, and predictors of antipsychotic polypharmacy: experience in a multistate Medicaid population, 1998-2003Elaine H Morrato
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 29:183-95. 2007....
- Antidepressant discontinuation and risk of suicide attempt: a retrospective, nested case-control studyRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, Anschutz Medical Campus at Fitzsimons, University of Colorado Denver, PO Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1069-77. 2009..Gaps remain in understanding risks associated with antidepressant discontinuation in the context of the drug regimen. We assessed the effects of antidepressant discontinuation on the risk of suicide attempt...
- Enhancing electronic health record measurement of depression severity and suicide ideation: a Distributed Ambulatory Research in Therapeutics Network (DARTNet) studyRobert J Valuck
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, the American Academy of Family Physicians, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:582-93. 2012..Clinical decision making and comparative studies of real-world antidepressant effectiveness are limited by the absence of clinical measures of severity of illness and suicidality...
- Rates of 5 common antidepressant side effects among new adult and adolescent cases of depression: a retrospective US claims studyHeather D Anderson
University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Denver, CO, USA
Clin Ther 34:113-23. 2012..There is a gap in knowledge of the prevalence of side effects across commonly prescribed antidepressants and the effect of the type of antidepressant on the likelihood of side effects in real-world clinical practice...
- Monitoring suicidal patients in primary care using electronic health recordsHeather D Anderson
From the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora HDA, AML, RJV the Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora HDA, WDP, AML, DRW, RJV the Department of Epidemiology, University of Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora HDA, RJV the American Academy of Family Physicians, Leawood, KS WDP, EB the Institute of Cognitive Science, University of Colorado, Boulder RDN the Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder RDN and Peak Statistical Services, Evergreen, CO RRA
J Am Board Fam Med 28:65-71. 2015..Patients at risk for suicide often come into contact with primary care providers, many of whom use electronic health records (EHRs) for charting. It is not known, however, how often suicide ideation or attempts are documented in EHRs...
- Prevalence of baseline serum glucose and lipid testing in users of second-generation antipsychotic drugs: a retrospective, population-based study of Medicaid claims dataElaine H Morrato
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:316-22. 2008..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of serum glucose and lipid monitoring in public mental health clients initiating second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) drugs...
- Pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research degree-granting PhD programs in the United StatesJulia F Slejko
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Center for Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research, University of Colorado Aschutz Medical Campus, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 9:108-13. 2013..Evidence is missing on showcasing current practices of degree programs specific to the field of pharmaceutical outcomes research...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of clinically relevant adverse events from HMG CoA reductase inhibitor trials worldwide from 1982 to presentDavid L McClure
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado, Clinical Research Unit, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:132-43. 2007..Our objective was to determine the association of clinically relevant adverse events from a systematic review and meta-analysis of statin randomized controlled trials (RCT)...
- Comparative effectiveness research in DARTNet primary care practices: point of care data collection on hypoglycemia and over-the-counter and herbal use among patients diagnosed with diabetesAnne M Libby
University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Denver, CO, USA
Med Care 48:S39-44. 2010..DARTNet links information from nonintegrated primary care clinics that use EHRs to deliver ambulatory care to overcome limitations with traditional observational research...
- Effects of a 3-tier pharmacy benefit design on the prescription purchasing behavior of individuals with chronic diseaseKavita V Nair
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Box C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:123-33. 2003..To evaluate the impact of 3-tier (copayment) pharmacy benefit structures on medication utilization behavior...
- Vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with histamine(2)-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitorJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:812-6. 2002..To report a case of vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with long-term use (approximately 4 1/2 y) of histamine(2) (H(2))-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) in a patient with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Consumer responses to a pharmacy benefit report cardKavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA
J Health Care Finance 31:55-72. 2004..The pharmacy benefit report card could be an useful tool for specific populations such as those with an increased need for medication...
- Ecological studies of antidepressant treatment and suicidal risksRoss J Baldessarini
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, and International Psychopharmacology Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 15:133-45. 2007..Overall, as with findings from randomized trials and cohort or case-control studies, evidence of specific antisuicidal effects of antidepressant treatment from ecological analyses remains elusive...