Affiliation: University of North Texas
- Prevalence of risk for type 2 diabetes in school childrenXimena Urrutia-Rojas
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth 76107, USA
J Sch Health 76:189-94. 2006....
- High blood pressure in school children: prevalence and risk factorsXimena Urrutia-Rojas
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
BMC Pediatr 6:32. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of high blood pressure (HBP) and associated risk factors in school children 8 to 13 years of age...
- Comparison of health behaviors among single- and multiple-member householdsSejong Bae
Department of Biostatistics, University of North Texas, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:514-25. 2007..To assess the differences in health behavior between multiple-member and single-member households by gender...
- Health status and access to health care of documented and undocumented immigrant Latino womenKhiya J Marshall
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, School of Public Health, 76107, USA
Health Care Women Int 26:916-36. 2005....
- Abnormal glucose metabolism in Hispanic parents of children with acanthosis nigricansXimena Urrutia-Rojas
Department of Management, Policy, and Community Health, School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
ISRN Endocrinol 2011:481371. 2011..Conclusions. Hispanic mothers of AN+ children are at higher risk of carbohydrate metabolism abnormalities. AN in children can be a marker for prevention and delay programs aimed at identifying adults at risk for diabetes...
- Acculturation in the United States is associated with lower serum carotenoid levels: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyJim P Stimpson
Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1218-23. 2007..Years residence in the United States was positively associated with higher lycopene levels (26.69 vs 32.03). Acculturation in the United States was associated with lower fruit and vegetable intake, as measured by serum carotenoid levels...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in Mexican-American children at risk for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)Ximena Urrutia-Rojas
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:290-9. 2004..To assess risk factors for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and cardiovascular disease (CVD) with the hypothesis that risk for T2DM in children would be associated with an increase in risk factors for CVD...
- Hispanic physicians' tobacco intervention practices: a cross-sectional survey studyFrancisco G Soto Mas
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
BMC Public Health 5:120. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the tobacco intervention practices and training needs of Hispanic physicians...
- Race and ethnic disparities in cervical cancer screening in a safety-net systemGertrude A Owusu
Department of Sociology, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 76203, USA
Matern Child Health J 9:285-95. 2005..The Behavioral Model for Vulnerable Populations was used as the theoretical framework...