Obiamiwe C Umeh
Affiliation: University of California
- Corynebacterium jeikeium sepsis after 8-methoxypsolaren photopheresis for cutaneous T-cell lymphomaObiamiwe Chukwudiebere Umeh
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 50:71-2. 2004..The epidemiology and clinical features of C. jeikeium infection are discussed. The patient was successfully treated with intravenous vancomycin without recurrence...
- Sex differences in pharmacokinetics and toxicity of antiretroviral therapyObiamiwe C Umeh
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, 9911 W Pico Blvd, Suite 980, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 2:273-83. 2006..These include, but are not limited to, differences in natural history, efficacy and safety of drug treatment. This chapter reviews current data on gender differences in antiretroviral pharmacokinetics and toxicity...
- Evaluation of sex differences of fosamprenavir (with and without ritonavir) in HIV-infected men and womenRisa M Hoffman
Division of Infectious Diseases and Center for Clinical AIDS Research Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
HIV Clin Trials 8:371-80. 2007..This article analyzes three pivotal trials of the protease inhibitor (PI) fosamprenavir (FPV) with a view to providing a better understanding of potential sex differences in efficacy and safety...
- Sex Differences in HIV: Natural History, Pharmacokinetics, and Drug ToxicityObiamiwe C Umeh
Center for AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, BH 412 CHS, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Infect Dis Rep 7:73-78. 2005..This paper reviews the current literature with an emphasis on recent data regarding sex differences in HIV that have implications for clinical practice...
- Lipids, metabolic syndrome, and risk factors for future cardiovascular disease among HIV-infected patientsObiamiwe C Umeh
Center for AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2:132-9. 2005..This article reviews the current literature on HIV-associated dyslipidemias and the metabolic syndrome, their potential effect on future coronary heart disease, and reviews strategies for management...