Lisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- A church-based pilot study designed to improve dietary quality for rural, lower Mississippi Delta, African American adultsLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Division of Health Promotion Research, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 60608, USA
J Relig Health 54:455-69. 2015..Implementation of the DBS pilot intervention was feasible and may result in dietary quality and clinical improvements...
- Weight loss maintenance in African American women: a systematic review of the behavioral lifestyle intervention literatureLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Obes 2013:437369. 2013..Nonetheless, our results present both the difficulty in weight loss and maintenance experienced by African American women in behavioral lifestyle interventions...
- A church-based diet and physical activity intervention for rural, lower Mississippi Delta African American adults: Delta Body and Soul effectiveness study, 2010-2011Lisa Tussing-Humphreys
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60618, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E92. 2013....
- Excess adiposity, inflammation, and iron-deficiency in female adolescentsLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, Applied Health Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:297-302. 2009..Food and nutrition professionals should consider elevated BMI as an additional risk factor for iron deficiency in female adolescents...
- Food and beverage choices contributing to dietary guidelines adherence in the Lower Mississippi DeltaJessica L Thomson
USDA Agricultural Research Service, 284 Knapp Hall, Human Nutrition and Food, LSU AgCenter, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Public Health Nutr 14:2099-109. 2011..Demographic differences in HEI-2005 scores were also explored...
- Elevated systemic hepcidin and iron depletion in obese premenopausal femalesLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1449-56. 2010..However, these findings suggest inflammation may perpetuate this condition by hepcidin-mediated inhibition of dietary iron absorption...
- Decreased serum hepcidin and improved functional iron status 6 months after restrictive bariatric surgeryLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Southern Regional Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:2010-6. 2010..Reduction in inflammation and hepcidin likely allow for enhanced dietary iron absorption resulting in an improved functional iron profile...
- Associations among school characteristics and foodservice practices in a nationally representative sample of United States schoolsJessica L Thomson
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Southern Regional Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 44:423-31. 2012..Determine school characteristics associated with healthy/unhealthy food service offerings or healthy food preparation practices...
- Maternal diet quality and nutrient intake in the gestational period: results from the delta healthy sprouts comparative impact trialLisa M Tussing-Humphreys
Department of Medicine and Cancer Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 W Roosevelt Road, 416, Chicago, IL 60618 USA
Matern Health Neonatol Perinatol 2:8. 2016..This paper reports results pertaining to maternal diet quality and nutrient intake in the gestational period...
- A simulation study of the potential effects of healthy food and beverage substitutions on diet quality and total energy intake in Lower Mississippi Delta adultsJessica L Thomson
USDA Agricultural Research Service Southern Regional Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
J Nutr 141:2191-7. 2011....