Fu Chiang Tsui
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Rank-based spatial clustering: an algorithm for rapid outbreak detectionJialan Que
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:218-24. 2011..In response to this need, the authors propose a spatial clustering algorithm, rank-based spatial clustering (RSC), that detects rapidly infectious but non-contagious disease outbreaks...
- Establishing a nationwide emergency department-based syndromic surveillance system for better public health responses in TaiwanTsung Shu Joseph Wu
Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei City, Taiwan
BMC Public Health 8:18. 2008..This report describes the challenges and steps involved in developing ED-SSS and the timely information it provides to improve in public health decision-making...
- Technical description of RODS: a real-time public health surveillance systemFu Chiang Tsui
The RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, Suite 8084 Forbes Tower, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:399-408. 2003..RODS was used during the 2002 Winter Olympics and currently operates in two states-Pennsylvania and Utah. It has been and continues to be a resource for implementing, evaluating, and applying new methods of public health surveillance...
- Design of a national retail data monitor for public health surveillanceMichael M Wagner
The RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Suite 550, 100 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:409-18. 2003....
- Association of over-the-counter pharmaceutical sales with influenza-like-illnesses to patient volume in an urgent care settingTimothy Y Liu
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e59273. 2013....
- A method for estimating from thermometer sales the incidence of diseases that are symptomatically similar to influenzaRicardo Villamarín
Center for Advanced Study of Informatics in Public Health, Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Biomed Inform 46:444-57. 2013..These results raise the possibility that this model could be applied, perhaps with adaptation, in other regions of the country, where commonly thermometer sales data are available, but daily ED SLI counts are not...
- Detection of pediatric respiratory and diarrheal outbreaks from sales of over-the-counter electrolyte productsWilliam R Hogan
The RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:555-62. 2003..To determine whether sales of electrolyte products contain a signal of outbreaks of respiratory and diarrheal disease in children and, if so, how much earlier a signal relative to hospital diagnoses...
- Automated syndromic surveillance for the 2002 Winter OlympicsPer H Gesteland
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:547-54. 2003..No outbreaks of public health significance were detected. The system was implemented successfully and operational for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games and remains operational today...
- Automatic electronic laboratory-based reporting of notifiable infectious diseases at a large health systemAnil A Panackal
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:685-91. 2002..Automatic reporting was more rapid and as complete as conventional reporting. Using standardized coding and minimizing free text usage will increase the completeness of electronic laboratory-based reporting...
- Roundtable on bioterrorism detection: information system-based surveillanceWilliam B Lober
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 9:105-15. 2002..A mailing list server for these ongoing efforts may be found at http://bt.cirg.washington.edu...