Affiliation: University of California
- The epidemiology and surveillance response to pandemic influenza A (H1N1) among local health departments in the San Francisco Bay AreaWayne T A Enanoria
Division of Epidemiology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
BMC Public Health 13:276. 2013..The study also documented lessons learned from the response in order to strengthen future public health preparedness and response planning efforts in the region...
- Government dependence of Chinese and Vietnamese community organizations and fiscal politics of immigrant servicesWinston Tseng
School of Public Health, University of California, 140 Warren Hall, 7360, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
J Health Soc Policy 20:51-74. 2005..These collaborative efforts in immigrant services are vital to cultivating healthy immigrant human capital and multicultural communities across the United States...
- Assessment of state- and territorial-level preparedness capacity for serving deaf and hard-of-hearing populations in disastersSusan L Ivey
University of California, Berkeley, Health Research for Action, Berkeley, CA
Public Health Rep 129:148-55. 2014..We conducted a participatory research study to examine national recommendations on preparedness communication for the Deaf/HH...
- Quality of life in epilepsy (QOLIE): insights about epilepsy and support groups from people with epilepsy (San Francisco Bay Area, USA)Kenny Chung
Health Research for Action, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 24:256-63. 2012..This study evaluated quality of life (QOL) in people with epilepsy (PWE) in the San Francisco Bay Area...
- Responding to the deaf in disasters: establishing the need for systematic training for state-level emergency management agencies and community organizationsAlina Engelman
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 2140 Shattuck Avenue, 10th Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 13:84. 2013..This paper will assess Deaf/HH related emergency preparedness training needs for state emergency management agencies and deaf-serving community-based organizations (CBOs)...
- Availability and readability of emergency preparedness materials for deaf and hard-of-hearing and older adult populations: issues and assessmentsLinda Neuhauser
Health Research for Action Center, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e55614. 2013..Developers should engage the intended users of EPM as co-designers and testers. This study adds to the limited literature about EPM for these populations...
- Experiences and concerns of family caregivers providing support to people with dementia: a cross-cultural perspectiveSusan L Ivey
University of California, Berkeley, USA
Dementia (London) 12:806-20. 2013..Filipinos more commonly described caregivers as a 'good person' or 'saint' and emphasized that caregiving made them stronger...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practice toward epilepsy (KAPE): a survey of Chinese and Vietnamese adults in the United StatesKenny Chung
Health Research for Action, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94704 7388, USA
Epilepsy Behav 17:221-7. 2010....