HONG HA TRUONG
Affiliation: University of California
- Blood Donor Test-Seeking Motivation and Prior HIV Testing Experiences in São Paulo, BrazilHong Ha M Truong
University of California, San Francisco, 550 16th Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94158, USA
AIDS Behav 19:1574-8. 2015..Educational campaigns on safe blood donation and HIV testing for diagnosis, risk counseling and referral to care are also needed for the general public and for health care providers. ..
- Balancing theory and practice in respondent-driven sampling: a case study of innovations developed to overcome recruitment challengesHong Ha M Truong
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e70344. 2013..We present innovative adaptations to conventional RDS to overcome barriers encountered in recruiting a large, representative sample of men who have sex with men (MSM) who travel internationally...
- Contraceptive intentions among adolescents after abortionHong Ha M Truong
Department of Medicine, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94105, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:283-6. 2006..The intention to preferentially adopt hormonal methods as the primary contraceptive, especially among adolescents counseled and tested for HIV, is discouraging for STD and HIV prevention efforts in this adolescent population...
- Routine surveillance for the detection of acute and recent HIV infections and transmission of antiretroviral resistanceHong Ha M Truong
University of California San Francisco, 50 Beale Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
AIDS 20:2193-7. 2006..To estimate the rate of acute and recent HIV infections and the prevalence of primary antiretroviral resistance...
- Frequent international travel by men who have sex with men recently diagnosed with HIV-1: potential for transmission of primary HIV-1 drug resistanceHong M Truong
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, 50 Beale Street, Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Travel Med 15:454-6. 2008..Given the high frequency of international travel and prevalence of primary HIV-1 drug resistance among study participants, prevention strategies should incorporate specific counseling on risk of cross-border transmission...
- Recent HIV-1 infection detection: comparison of incidence estimates derived by laboratory assays and repeat testing dataHong Ha M Truong
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:502-5. 2009..We compared HIV-1 incidence estimates derived from 3 different methods: Vironostika-less sensitive, BED capture enzyme immuno assay (BED-CEIA), and repeat testing history...
- Recent HIV type 1 infection among participants in a same-day mobile testing pilot study in ZimbabweHong Ha M Truong
University of California, San Francisco, 94105, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:593-5. 2011..Given the challenges of longitudinal cohort studies, recent infection may be a practical endpoint for community-based prevention intervention trials employing mobile testing...
- Sentinel surveillance of HIV-1 transmitted drug resistance, acute infection and recent infectionHong Ha M Truong
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25281. 2011..This study describes newly-diagnosed HIV cases and characterizes correlates associated with infection...
- Trends in sexually transmitted diseases, sexual risk behavior, and HIV infection among Asian/Pacific Islander men who have sex with men, San Francisco, 1999-2005H Fisher Raymond
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:262-4. 2007
- International Mobility of HIVHong Ha M Truong; Fiscal Year: 2010....