B J Tromberg
Affiliation: University of California
- The role of diffuse optical spectroscopy in the clinical management of breast cancerNatasha Shah
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program LAMMP, Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Dis Markers 19:95-105. 2003....
- Non-invasive in vivo characterization of breast tumors using photon migration spectroscopyB J Tromberg
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92612 1475, USA
Neoplasia 2:26-40. 2000..Measurements provide quantitative optical property values that reflect changes in tissue perfusion, oxygen consumption, and cell/matrix development...
- Sources of absorption and scattering contrast for near-infrared optical mammographyA E Cerussi
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92612, USA
Acad Radiol 8:211-8. 2001..NIR spectroscopy yields quantitative functional information that cannot be obtained with other noninvasive radiologic techniques...
- Highly selective targeting of ovarian cancer with the photosensitizer PEG-m-THPC in a rat modelR Hornung
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine, USA
Photochem Photobiol 70:624-9. 1999..Based on these data, we are currently developing a PDT-based minimally invasive debulking technique for advanced ovarian cancer...
- Impact of stepwise hyperventilation on cerebral tissue oxygen saturation in anesthetized patients: a mechanistic studyB S Alexander
Irvine School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 57:604-12. 2013....
- In vivo water state measurements in breast cancer using broadband diffuse optical spectroscopyS H Chung
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, 1002 Health Sciences Road, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:6713-27. 2008..These results highlight broadband DOS sensitivity to molecular disposition of water and demonstrate the potential of BWI as a non-invasive in vivo index that correlates with tissue pathology...
- Effect of administration route and estrogen manipulation on endometrial uptake of Photofrin porfimer sodiumJ A Chapman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine
Am J Obstet Gynecol 168:685-92. 1993..Our purpose was to evaluate the influence of the route of drug administration and target tissue vascularity on the distribution of a photosensitizer, Photofrin porfimer sodium, in the uterus...
- Spectroscopy enhances the information content of optical mammographyA E Cerussi
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, 1002 Health Sciences Rd, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 7:60-71. 2002..Multi-spectral measurements, compared to measurements restricted to one or two wavelengths, provide additional information that may be useful in managing breast disease...
- Minimally-invasive debulking of ovarian cancer in the rat pelvis by means of photodynamic therapy using the pegylated photosensitizer PEG-m-THPCR Hornung
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, 92612, USA
Br J Cancer 81:631-7. 1999..05). We conclude that PEG-m-THPC mediated PDT has a favourable therapeutic window and that this minimally-invasive procedure can reduce pelvic cancer bulks effectively and selectively...
- Predicting bulk mechanical properties of cellularized collagen gels using multiphoton microscopyC B Raub
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2730, USA
Acta Biomater 6:4657-65. 2010..acellular gels. SHG and TPF image skewness and speckle contrast from cellularized collagen gels can predict E by capturing mechanically relevant information on collagen fiber, cell and crosslink density...
- Broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy measurement of hemoglobin concentration during hypovolemia in rabbitsJangwoen Lee
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Physiol Meas 27:757-67. 2006..Broadband DOS provides a potential platform for reliable non-invasive measurements of tissue oxygenated and deoxygenated hemoglobin and may accurately reflect the degree of systemic hypovolemia and compromised tissue perfusion...
- Intrauterine light probe for photodynamic ablation therapyY Tadir
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine 92612, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:299-303. 1999..Photodynamic therapy requires the activation of a photosensitizer by laser light. We describe a new device specifically designed to provide light delivery to the uterus for endometrial photodynamic therapy...
- Monitoring tumor response during photodynamic therapy using near-infrared photon-migration spectroscopyT H Pham
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program (LAMMP, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, 1002 Health Sciences Road East, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Photochem Photobiol 73:669-77. 2001..817 and 0.953, respectively). Overall, our results indicate that NIR FDPM spectroscopy is able to quantify noninvasively and dynamically the PDT-induced physiological effects in vivo that are highly correlated with therapeutic efficacy...
- Comparison of water and lipid content measurements using diffuse optical spectroscopy and MRI in emulsion phantomsS Merritt
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 2:563-9. 2003..In addition, comparison of DOS derived concentrations to the MRI "gold standard" technique validates our quantitation approach and permits estimation of DOS accuracy and sensitivity in vivo...
- Two-photon excitation laser scanning microscopy of human, porcine, and rabbit nasal septal cartilageB J Wong
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Center, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Tissue Eng 7:599-606. 2001....
- Hemodynamic changes in rat leg muscles during tourniquet-induced ischemia-reperfusion injury observed by near-infrared spectroscopyJ G Kim
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, Irvine, USA
Physiol Meas 30:529-40. 2009..The results demonstrate that CWNIRS may be useful as a non-invasive prognostic tool for conditions involving vascular compromise such as extremity compartment syndrome...
- Effect of phenylephrine and ephedrine bolus treatment on cerebral oxygenation in anaesthetized patientsL Meng
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Bldg 53, Rm 227, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Br J Anaesth 107:209-17. 2011..The physiological variables responsible for Sct(O2) changes induced by phenylephrine and ephedrine bolus treatment in anaesthetized patients need to be defined...
- Rat reproductive performance following photodynamic therapy with topically administered PhotofrinR A Steiner
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92715, USA
Hum Reprod 10:227-33. 1995..However, Azone may enhance the selectivity of photodynamic therapy by facilitating drug targeting to critical endometrial structures...
- Two-photon laser scanning microscopy of epithelial cell-modulated collagen density in engineered human lung tissueA Agarwal
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Irvine, California 92697-2575, USA
Tissue Eng 7:191-202. 2001..8% +/- 4.0%). We conclude that epithelial cells modulate collagen density and contraction of engineered human lung tissue, and TPLSM is an effective tool to investigate this phenomenon...