Genomes and Genes
Pamela V Tran
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- An age of enlightenment for cilia: The FASEB summer research conference on the "Biology of Cilia and Flagella"Pamela V Tran
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, United States Electronic address
Dev Biol 409:319-28. 2016..In this report, we summarize the meeting, highlight exciting developments and discuss open questions. ..
- Downregulating hedgehog signaling reduces renal cystogenic potential of mouse modelsPamela V Tran
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and the Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas and
J Am Soc Nephrol 25:2201-12. 2014..Thus, enhanced Hedgehog activity may have a general role in renal cystogenesis and thereby present a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Toward a systems-level understanding of the Hedgehog signaling pathway: defining the complex, robust, and fragilePamela V Tran
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 5:83-100. 2013..A systems-level understanding of Hh signaling and of ciliary biology will comprehensively define all nodes and edges of the Hh signaling network and will help identify precise therapeutic targets...
- Temporomandibular joint formation requires two distinct hedgehog-dependent stepsPatricia Purcell
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18297-302. 2009..Thus, these experiments establish that Hh signaling acts at two distinct steps in disk morphogenesis, condyle initiation, and disk-condyle separation and provide a molecular framework for future studies of the TMJ...
- THM1 negatively modulates mouse sonic hedgehog signal transduction and affects retrograde intraflagellar transport in ciliaPamela V Tran
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, New Research Building, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 40:403-10. 2008..Specifically, the aln mutation uncouples the roles of anterograde and retrograde transport in SHH signaling, suggesting that anterograde IFT is required for GLI activation and that retrograde IFT modulates this event...