Andrea L Tracy
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The melanocortin antagonist AgRP (83-132) increases appetitive responding for a fat, but not a carbohydrate, reinforcerAndrea L Tracy
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:263-71. 2008..These results suggest a possible role for AgRP in the increased fat intake associated with obesity...
- Exposure to elevated levels of dietary fat attenuates psychostimulant reward and mesolimbic dopamine turnover in the ratJon F Davis
Department of Psychiatry, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:1257-63. 2008....
- Roux en Y gastric bypass increases ethanol intake in the ratJon F Davis
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Obes Surg 23:920-30. 2013....
- Comparison of nutritive and nonnutritive stimuli in intestinal and oral conditioned taste aversion paradigmsAndrea L Tracy
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, IN, USA
Behav Neurosci 120:1268-78. 2006..The ability to learn about the oral properties of stimuli in the GI tract suggests a new account of delayed taste aversion learning as well as learning about the positive nutritive consequences of food consumption...
- Behavioral controls of food intakeStephen C Benoit
University of Cincinnati, Department of Psychiatry, Obesity Research Center, 2170 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Peptides 29:139-47. 2008....
- Novel functions of orexigenic hypothalamic peptides: from genes to behaviorStephen C Benoit
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nutrition 24:843-7. 2008....
- The gastrointestinal tract "tastes" nutrients: evidence from the intestinal taste aversion paradigmAndrea L Tracy
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, W Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R1086-100. 2004..These results, along with additional controls, suggest that nutrient tastes detected in the intestines can be recognized centrally based on oropharyngeal gustatory stimulation...
- The interoceptive cue properties of ghrelin generalize to cues produced by food deprivationT L Davidson
Ingestive Behavior Research Center, Purdue University, 703 Third Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Peptides 26:1602-10. 2005..These results support the notion that endogenous ghrelin contributes to an interoceptive hunger cue, and that this may be a mechanism by which ghrelin influences food intake and appetitive behavior...