Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Beta -amyloid-(1-42) impairs activity-dependent cAMP-response element-binding protein signaling in neurons at concentrations in which cell survival Is not compromisedL Tong
University of California, Irvine Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine, California 92697 4540, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17301-6. 2001....
- Interleukin-1 beta impairs brain derived neurotrophic factor-induced signal transductionLiqi Tong
University of California Irvine, Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Aging 29:1380-93. 2008..These results suggest that IL-1 beta places neurons at risk by interfering with BDNF signaling involving a ceramide-associated mechanism...
- Beta-amyloid peptide at sublethal concentrations downregulates brain-derived neurotrophic factor functions in cultured cortical neuronsLiqi Tong
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4540, USA
J Neurosci 24:6799-809. 2004..These new findings suggest that Abeta engenders a dysfunctional encoding state in neurons and may initiate and/or contribute to cognitive deficit at an early stage of AD before or along with neuronal degeneration...
- Effects of exercise on gene-expression profile in the rat hippocampusL Tong
University of California, Irvine Institute for Brain and Dementia, California 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Dis 8:1046-56. 2001..Our data indicate that exercise elicits a differential gene expression pattern with significant changes in genes of relevance for brain function...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor-dependent synaptic plasticity is suppressed by interleukin-1β via p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseLiqi Tong
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci 32:17714-24. 2012..The suppressive effect of IL-1β on F-actin and LTP was prevented by inhibiting p38 MAPK. These findings define a new mechanism for the action of IL-1β on LTP and point to a potential therapeutic target to restore synaptic plasticity...
- Fas and Fas ligand are associated with neuritic degeneration in the AD brain and participate in beta-amyloid-induced neuronal deathJoseph H Su
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, 1113 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, University of California Irvine, 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Dis 12:182-93. 2003..These findings suggest that Fas-FasL interactions may contribute to mechanisms of neuronal loss and neuritic degeneration in AD...
- Synapse-specific IL-1 receptor subunit reconfiguration augments vulnerability to IL-1β in the aged hippocampusG Aleph Prieto
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E5078-87. 2015..Overall, this study demonstrates that increased AcP signaling, specifically at the synapse, underlies the augmented vulnerability to cognitive impairment by IL-1β that occurs with age. ..
- Mitochondrial decay in the brains of old rats: ameliorating effect of alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitineJiangang Long
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Neurochem Res 34:755-63. 2009....
- Interleukin-1beta interferes with signal transduction induced by neurotrophin-3 in cortical neuronsRungtip Soiampornkul
Neuro Behavioral Biology Center, Institute of Science and Technology for Development, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus Nakorn Pathom, Thailand
Brain Res 1188:189-97. 2008....
- Attenuated transcriptional responses to oxidative stress in the aged rat brainLiqi Tong
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas 77555 0652, USA
J Neurosci Res 70:318-26. 2002....