Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Positive effect of darbepoetin on peri-infarction remodeling in a porcine model of myocardial ischemia-reperfusionCatalin Toma
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Scaife Hall S559, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:130-6. 2007..Although the infarct size was not reduced, there was a limited decrease in interstitial fibrosis, increased capillary area and regional functional improvement in darbepoetin-treated animals...
- Impact of anemia on platelet response to clopidogrel in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary stentingCatalin Toma
Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1148-53. 2012..5 ± 35.5 vs 145.0 ± 14.2 PRUs, p <0.05, respectively). In conclusion, anemia is an important contributor to apparent HRPR on clopidogrel and may explain some of the intraindividual variability of platelet aggregation testing...
- Fate of culture-expanded mesenchymal stem cells in the microvasculature: in vivo observations of cell kineticsCatalin Toma
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Circ Res 104:398-402. 2009..Despite their deformability, intraarterially delivered MSCs entrap at the precapillary level because of their large size, with a small proportion of surviving MSCs integrating in a perivascular niche...
- Vascular endoluminal delivery of mesenchymal stem cells using acoustic radiation forceCatalin Toma
Center for Ultrasound Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1457-64. 2011..This approach may be used for endoluminal cellular paving and could provide a powerful tool for cell-based re-endothelialization of injured arterial segments...
- Biodegradable elastic patch plasty ameliorates left ventricular adverse remodeling after ischemia-reperfusion injury: a preclinical study of a porous polyurethane material in a porcine modelRyotaro Hashizume
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 146:391-9.e1. 2013..The objective of this study was to investigate the potential for biodegradable, elastomeric patch implantation to positively alter the remodeling process after MI in a porcine model...
- Assessment of P2Y12 inhibitor usage and switching in acute coronary syndrome patients undergoing percutaneous coronary revascularizationMrudula Kudaravalli
Department of Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Int J Cardiol 223:854-859. 2016..However, the effect of switching P2Y12 inhibitors between the loading dose and therapy after discharge is not well described...
- Acoustic radiation force for vascular cell therapy: in vitro validationMehmet Kaya
Center for Ultrasound Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics, Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:1989-97. 2012..For the highest time-averaged ultrasound intensity of 6.60 W/cm², the temperature increase was 11.6 ± 1.3°C...
- Benefit of long-term dual anti-platelet therapy in patients treated with drug-eluting stents: from the NHLBI dynamic registrySuresh R Mulukutla
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:486-92. 2013..In conclusion, at 12 and 24 months after DES implantation, continued use of DAPT was associated with lower 4-year risk for death and myocardial infarction...
- Identification of Intrastent Pathology Associated With Late Stent Thrombosis Using Optical Coherence TomographyChristopher R Jones
Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Interv Cardiol 28:439-48. 2015..To better characterize intrastent pathology using optical coherence tomography (OCT) in patients presenting with late and very late stent thrombosis (LST/VLST)...
- Effect of coronary occlusion on intracardiac electrogram morphologyG Stuart Mendenhall
Heart and Vascular Institute of the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Europace 14:1524-31. 2012..The aim of the current study was to examine the effect of total occlusions in the major coronary artery distributions on the IKG...
- Improved cell survival in infarcted myocardium using a novel combination transmyocardial laser and cell delivery systemAmit N Patel
Center for Cardiac Cell Therapy Heart Lung Esophageal Surgical Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cell Transplant 16:899-905. 2007..Further long-term functional and differentiation analysis will be required to evaluate the efficacy for future clinical translation...
- Suspension-Expansion of Bone Marrow Results in Small Mesenchymal Stem Cells Exhibiting Increased Transpulmonary Passage Following Intravenous AdministrationAndrea Zanetti
1 Heart and Vascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 21:683-92. 2015..This may significantly improve the capacity and efficiency of these cells to home to injury sites downstream of the lungs...
- Optical coherence tomography for characterization of cardiac allograft vasculopathy after heart transplantation (OCTCAV study)Sameer J Khandhar
Heart and Vascular Institute, Center for Quality, Outcomes, and Research, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:596-602. 2013..This study explored the utility of OCT in cardiac transplantation for the detection and characterization of early changes associated with coronary allograft vasculopathy (CAV)...
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for advanced refractory shock in acute and chronic cardiomyopathyChristian A Bermudez
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 92:2125-31. 2011....
- Renal Protection Using Remote Ischemic Peri-Conditioning During Inter-Facility Helicopter Transport of Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A Retrospective StudyOladipupo Olafiranye
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Interv Cardiol 29:603-611. 2016....
- Cell therapy in the heart: cell production, transplantation, and applicationsKevin S Cahill
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida School of Medicine, Gainesville, USA
Methods Mol Biol 219:73-81. 2003
- Human mesenchymal stem cells differentiate to a cardiomyocyte phenotype in the adult murine heartCatalin Toma
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 105:93-8. 2002..We investigated the potential of human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) from adult bone marrow to undergo myogenic differentiation once transplanted into the adult murine myocardium...