Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Sleep remains disturbed in patients with obstructive sleep apnea treated with positive airway pressure: a three-month cohort study using continuous actigraphyJon Tippin
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Iowa City, Iowa, USA Electronic address
Sleep Med 24:24-31. 2016..The goal of this study was to explore the relationships between subjective sleepiness and actigraphic measures of sleep during the first three months of PAP treatment...
- Visual vigilance in drivers with obstructive sleep apneaJon Tippin
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Psychosom Res 67:143-51. 2009..To determine the effects of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) on visual vigilance during simulated automobile driving...
- LINKING GPS DATA TO GIS DATABASES IN NATURALISTIC STUDIES: EXAMPLES FROM DRIVERS WITH OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEAJeffrey D Dawson
Dept of Biostatistics, Univ of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Proc Int Driv Symp Hum Factors Driv Assess Train Veh Des 2015:148-154. 2015..We also use maps from GIS software to illustrate how information can be displayed at the individual drive or day level, and we provide examples of some of the challenges that still need to be addressed...
- FEEDBACK FROM NATURALISTIC DRIVING IMPROVES TREATMENT COMPLIANCE IN DRIVERS WITH OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEAJeffrey D Dawson
Dept of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Proc Int Driv Symp Hum Factors Driv Assess Train Veh Des 2015:30-35. 2015..25 in all cases). Our study suggests that CPAP compliance can be increased using individualized feedback, but that follow-up feedback sessions or reminders may be necessary for sustained improvement...
- Driving impairment in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeJon Tippin
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Electroneurodiagnostic Technol 47:114-26. 2007..quot; The use of simulators, and in-vehicle detection and alerting devices may mitigate some of the suffering caused by these crashes...