Peter M Thompson
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Principal domains of behavioral psychopathology identified by the Bipolar Inventory of Signs and Symptoms Scale (BISS)Peter M Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78290 3900, USA
Psychiatry Res 175:221-6. 2010..Despite the common occurrence of anxiety in BD, it has not been identified in most prior factor analyses, in part due to limited coverage of anxiety symptoms in the source scales...
- Concordance of psychiatric symptom ratings between a subject and informant, relevancy to post-mortem researchP M Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Transl Psychiatry 3:e214. 2013..These data suggest, with some limitations, that both retrospective and informant obtained information can provide useful clinical information in post-mortem research...
- Serotonin receptor, SERT mRNA and correlations with symptoms in males with alcohol dependence and suicideP M Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Southwest Brain Bank, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 126:165-74. 2012..Second, we assessed the relationship of lifetime impulsivity and mood symptoms with prefrontal cortex 5-HT measures...
- SNAP-25 reduction in the hippocampus of patients with schizophreniaPeter M Thompson
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Division, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, Mail Code 7792, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:411-7. 2003..These data add to evidence suggesting that in schizophrenia the molecular pathology of the hippocampus involves presynaptic components...
- Elevated cerebrospinal fluid SNAP-25 in schizophreniaPeter M Thompson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:1132-7. 2003..In this study, we explored SNAP-25 level and clinical variables in a new group of subjects...
- Safety and efficacy of psychopharmacological agents used to treat the psychiatric sequelae of common neurological disordersCarmina G Bernardo
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Center for Bipolar Intervention in the Hispanic Community, Division of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 7:435-45. 2008..These manifestations complicate the illness and worsen prognosis. Pharmacological treatment options may be limited by the primary neurological illness and side effects...
- A double-blind placebo-controlled trial of lamotrigine as an antidepressant augmentation agent in treatment-refractory unipolar depressionJames G Barbee
Department of Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1405-12. 2011..This study is the largest double-blind placebo-controlled study conducted to date of lamotrigine in this role...
- Malic enzyme 2 and susceptibility to psychosis and maniaByung Dae Lee
Psychiatric Genetics Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Psychiatry Res 150:1-11. 2007..The present study suggests that genetic variation in or near the ME2 gene is associated with both psychotic and manic disorders, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- The relationships between clinical characteristics, alcohol and psychotropic exposure, and circadian gene expression in human postmortem samples of affective disorder and control subjectsRobert Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Paul L Foster School of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Science Center in El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 218:359-62. 2014..Relationships between circadian gene expression, clinical characteristics, and alcohol and psychotropic medication use were noted. Further study is warranted to characterize these relationships. ..
- Review of the safety, efficacy, and side effect profile of asenapine in the treatment of bipolar 1 disorderJodi M Gonzalez
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Patient Prefer Adherence 5:333-41. 2011..Asenapine is approved for acute manic and mixed states in bipolar disorder. The objective is to review the efficacy of asenapine in bipolar disorder, with a particular focus on acceptability and adherence to treatment...
- Genetic ablation of the t-SNARE SNAP-25 distinguishes mechanisms of neuroexocytosisPhilip Washbourne
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Nat Neurosci 5:19-26. 2002..These results demonstrate that the development of neurotransmission requires the recruitment of a specialized SNARE core complex to meet the demands of regulated exocytosis...