Affiliation: University of Toledo
- Student perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on university campusesAmy Thompson
Department of Health Professions, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Am Coll Health 61:243-53. 2013..This multisite study assessed college student's perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on campus...
- Faculty perceptions and practices regarding carrying concealed handguns on university campusesAmy Thompson
The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA
J Community Health 38:366-73. 2013..Aggressive efforts are needed to help maintain the uniquely safe environment of college campuses...
- Public policy involvement by health commissionersAmy Thompson
The University of Toledo, Health and Human Services, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Community Health 34:239-45. 2009..Professional preparation programs and continuing education opportunities should focus on advocacy, public policy development, and removing barriers to action...
- Reducing firearm-related violence on college campuses-police chiefs' perceptions and practicesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Health 58:247-54. 2009..With recent efforts by various gun lobbying groups to have firearms more accessible to college students on campuses, there is the potential for more firearm-related morbidity and mortality...
- Perceived roles of Emergency Department physicians regarding anticipatory guidance on firearm safetyJames H Price
Department of Health Education, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Emerg Med 44:1007-16. 2013..Several professional medical societies advocate for firearm safety counseling with patients. Little is known about Emergency Physicians' practices and perceptions of firearm safety counseling...
- School nurses' role in identifying and referring children at risk of noise-induced hearing lossCandace Hendershot
University of Findlay, Findlay, OH, USA
J Sch Nurs 27:380-9. 2011..Performing hearing screenings routinely can help identify those students at risk. School nurses need to become advocates for policies and programs that mandate hearing screenings and educational programs to help reduce hearing loss...
- Reducing the Risks of Firearm Violence in High Schools: Principals' Perceptions and PracticesJames H Price
Department of Health Professions, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 43606, USA
J Community Health 41:234-43. 2016..More research is needed to find the most effective school interventions for reducing firearm violence...
- Physician assistants training on firearm injury preventionAmy Thompson
Department of Health Education and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:348-53. 2012..Also, content of such programs as well as perceived benefits and barriers of providing such training were explored...
- Sheriffs perceptions of firearm control policesAmy Thompson
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Community Health 36:715-20. 2011..Thus, sheriffs may be less helpful than police chiefs as colleagues for public health campaigns to reduce firearm trauma...
- College students' perceptions and experiences with health insuranceJames H Price
College of Medicine, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1222-30. 2010..This is the first study to examine differences based on demographic characteristics of undergraduate college students' coverage and perceptions of health insurance...
- Perceptions of part-time faculty by chairpersons of undergraduate health education programsJames H Price
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:923-31. 2011..Thus, further research is needed on the effects of these changes on the quality of health education training and department productivity...
- College counselors' perceptions and practices regarding anticipatory guidance on firearmsJames Price
The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Am Coll Health 58:133-9. 2009..This study assessed college counselors' anticipatory guidance on firearms for student clients...
- University presidents' perceptions and practice regarding the carrying of concealed handguns on college campusesJames H Price
a Department of Health and Recreation Professions, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
J Am Coll Health 62:461-9. 2014..To assess the perceptions and practices of a national sample of college and university presidents regarding their support for concealed handguns being carried on college campuses...
- Survey return rates for multiple-authored versus single-authored covering lettersJames H Price
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
Psychol Rep 107:209-12. 2010..199 surveys were returned (53.5%) in which the covering letter had three researchers, and 218 when the covering letter had one researcher (58.7%), not a significantly different distribution...
- Public Policy Involvement by Certified Health Education Specialists: Results of a National StudyRachel Mahas
The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA
Health Promot Pract 17:668-74. 2016..However, based on previous research, there may be a gap between knowing how to and actually participating in public policy activities. The purpose of this study was to determine public policy involvement of CHES...
- Do respiratory therapists receive training and education in smoking cessation? A national study of post-secondary training programsTimothy R Jordan
Department of Health and Recreation Professions, College of Health Science and Human Service, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:99-105. 2011..To assess the tobacco-related education provided by post-secondary respiratory therapy training programs in the United States...