Affiliation: University of Maryland
- A review of nursing research on blood pressureSue Ann Thomas
University of Maryland, School of Nursing, 655 W Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 34:313-21. 2002..To provide this second 10-year review of nursing research on blood pressure (BP) and to focus attention on incorporating biopsychosocial factors affecting BP in nursing research...
- Depression in patients with heart failure: physiologic effects, incidence, and relation to mortalitySue Ann Thomas
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltomore 21201, USA
AACN Clin Issues 14:3-12. 2003..Reduction in depression is likely to decrease morality in patients with heart failure...
- Depression in patients with heart failure: prevalence, pathophysiological mechanisms, and treatmentSue A Thomas
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, 655 W Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Crit Care Nurse 28:40-55. 2008
- Changes in anxiety and depression over 2 years in medically stable patients after myocardial infarction and their spouses in the Home Automatic External Defibrillator Trial (HAT): a longitudinal observational studySue A Thomas
University of Maryland School of Nursing, 655 W Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21201 USA
Heart 97:371-81. 2011....
- Exploration of patients' readiness for an eHealth management program for chronic heart failure: a preliminary studyEun Shim Nahm
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 23:463-71. 2008..The findings showed the participants' high readiness to use the proposed eHealth program if access and training were provided. This study used a small convenience sample. Further studies are needed with larger, diverse samples...
- National survey of yoga practitioners: mental and physical health benefitsAlyson Ross
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, United States
Complement Ther Med 21:313-23. 2013..To describe yoga practice and health characteristics of individuals who practice yoga, and to explore their beliefs regarding the effects of their yoga practice on their health...
- The influence of age, gender, and race on the prevalence of depression in heart failure patientsStephen S Gottlieb
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Baltimore Veterans Administration Medical Center, 21201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1542-9. 2004..The goal of this study was to determine the prevalence of depression in an out-patient heart failure (HF) population; its relationship to quality of life (QOL); and the impact of gender, race, and age...
- Quality of life and psychological status of patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillatorsSue Ann Thomas
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Crit Care 15:389-98. 2006..To achieve the full benefits of the defibrillators, patients must maintain their psychological status and quality of life...
- Patients' and Families' Psychological Response to HATSue Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..Beginning PRHAT on 7/01/03 allows ample time for simultaneous recruitment into HAT/PRHAT. PRHAT data will identify patients and families who are vulnerable to becoming anxious and depressed. ..
- PSYCHOSOCIAL FACTORS IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHSue Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2002..The combination of data from PFOS and SCD-HeFT will provide a holistic assessment of HF patients. ..