April D Thames
Affiliation: University of California
- Medication and finance management among HIV-infected adults: the impact of age and cognitionApril D Thames
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:200-9. 2011....
- The role of HIV infection, cognition, and depression in risky decision-makingApril D Thames
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 24:340-8. 2012..Depression partially mediated the relationship between executive functioning and gambling performance. Our findings suggest that HIV infection, executive dysfunction, and depression place individuals at risk for poor decision-making...
- Functional disability in medication management and driving among individuals with HIV: a 1-year follow-up studyApril D Thames
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 35:49-58. 2013....
- Symptoms as mediators of the relationship between neurocognition and functional outcome in schizophrenia: a meta-analysisJoseph Ventura
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Schizophr Res 113:189-99. 2009..The high degree of intercorrelation among all of these variables leaves unclear whether neurocognition has a direct effect on functional outcome or whether that relationship to functional outcome is partially mediated by symptoms...
- Neurocognitive functioning in HIV-1 infection: effects of cerebrovascular risk factors and ageJessica Foley
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90095 8353, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 24:265-85. 2010..The cognitive impact of risk appears to be more pronounced in the absence of adequate pharmacological treatment...
- Disorganization and reality distortion in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of the relationship between positive symptoms and neurocognitive deficitsJoseph Ventura
UCLA Department of Psychiatry, 300 Medical Plaza, Room 2243, Los Angeles CA 90095 6968, United States
Schizophr Res 121:1-14. 2010..Although some studies have found that disorganization is more strongly linked to neurocognitive deficits and poor functional outcomes than reality distortion, the findings are not always consistent...
- Combined effects of HIV and marijuana use on neurocognitive functioning and immune statusApril D Thames
a Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Care 28:628-32. 2016..67; 95% CI: 9.48-265.85). The current study findings extend the literature by demonstrating the complex relationship between HIV status and MJ use on neurocognitive and clinical outcomes. ..
- Basal ganglia structures differentially contribute to verbal fluency: evidence from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-infected adultsApril D Thames
UCLA School of Medicine, 760 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024, United States
Neuropsychologia 50:390-5. 2012..We examined BG integrity in relation to lexico-semantic verbal fluency performance among older HIV infected adults...
- Quality of education predicts performance on the Wide Range Achievement Test-4th Edition Word Reading subtestPhilip Sayegh
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 29:731-6. 2014..Future research should examine these findings in larger, more diverse samples to determine their robust nature...