Affiliation: University of Florida
- Estimating the effects of prescription drug coverage for Medicare beneficiariesDennis G Shea
Department of Health Policy and Administration, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Health Serv Res 42:933-49. 2007..To identify the effect of insurance coverage on prescription utilization by Medicare beneficiaries...
- Care-giver advice as a preventive measure for drinking during pregnancy: zeros, categorical outcome responses, and endogeneityJoseph V Terza
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0147, USA
Health Econ 17:41-54. 2008..When the model is extended to allow for potential endogeneity, we find that advice has a negative and statistically significant impact...
- Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: addressing endogeneity in health econometric modelingJoseph V Terza
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research and Department of Economics, University of Florida, 1329 SW, 16th Street, Room 5130, Box 100147, Gainesville, FL 32610 0147, United States
J Health Econ 27:531-43. 2008..This study can be used as a guide by future researchers in health economics who are confronted with endogeneity in their empirical work...
- Pediatric palliative care: describing hospice users and identifying factors that affect hospice expendituresCaprice A Knapp
Department of Epidemiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32604, USA
J Palliat Med 12:223-9. 2009..However, little information exists to understand pediatric hospice care. This study seeks to describe Medicaid pediatric hospice and nonhospice users and to identify factors that affect hospice expenditures...
- The use of linear instrumental variables methods in health services research and health economics: a cautionary noteJoseph V Terza
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, University of Florida, 1329 SW 16th Street, Room 5130, PO Box 100147, Gainesville, FL 32610 0147, USA
Health Serv Res 43:1102--20. 2008..To investigate potential bias in the use of the conventional linear instrumental variables (IV) method for the estimation of causal effects in inherently nonlinear regression settings...