Alan R Teo
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Using the mood disorder questionnaire and bipolar spectrum diagnostic scale to detect bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder among eating disorder patientsToshihiko Nagata
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abunoku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 13:69. 2013..This study examined the accuracy of these scales for detecting bipolar disorder among patients referred for eating disorders and explored the possibility of simultaneous assessment of co-morbid borderline personality disorder...
- Social isolation associated with depression: a case report of hikikomoriAlan R Teo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0604, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 59:339-41. 2013..A severe form of social isolation or social withdrawal, called hikikomori in Japan, has been described, but controversy over the etiology and universality of the phenomenon remains...
- The role of social isolation in social anxiety disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysisAlan R Teo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Anxiety Disord 27:353-64. 2013..Social isolation in the context of social anxiety disorder has not been closely examined. This study aimed to describe the role and measurement of social isolation in those with social anxiety disorder...
- Social relationships and depression: ten-year follow-up from a nationally representative studyAlan R Teo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e62396. 2013..We determined whether quality of social relationships and social isolation predicts the development of depression...
- Hikikomori, a Japanese culture-bound syndrome of social withdrawal?: A proposal for DSM-5Alan R Teo
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:444-9. 2010..Research diagnostic criteria for the condition are proposed...
- The relationship between level of training and accuracy of violence risk assessmentAlan R Teo
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, CA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:1089-94. 2012..It also examined the potential of a structured decision support tool to improve residents' risk assessments...