Affiliation: University of Maryland
- A five-year followup study of deficit and nondeficit schizophreniaC Tek
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21246, USA
Schizophr Res 49:253-60. 2001..These findings confirm that patients with the deficit schizophrenia have a set of relatively stable clinical features that are associated with poor outcome...
- Religiosity and religious obsessions in obsessive-compulsive disorderC Tek
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, P O Box 21246, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Psychiatry Res 104:99-108. 2001..Thus, religion appears to be one more arena where OCD expresses itself, rather than being a determinant of the disorder...
- Visual perceptual and working memory impairments in schizophreniaCenk Tek
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, PO Box 21246, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:146-53. 2002..In this study, we evaluated the integrity of the perceptual system for object and spatial visual information and the relevant working memory system, after adjusting for individual perceptual performance differences...
- Summer birth and deficit schizophrenia in Nithsdale, ScotlandC Tek
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21228, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 189:613-7. 2001..03). The association with summer birth is consistent with other evidence that patients with deficit schizophrenia have a pathophysiology that differs in some ways from that of other patients with schizophrenia...
- Resolution of tardive dyskinesia after addition of aripiprazole to haloperidol depotJoshua T Kantrowitz
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:525-6. 2007
- An open-labeled trial of adjunctive donepezil for cognitive impairments in patients with schizophreniaRobert W Buchanan
Department of Psychiatry, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland at Baltimore, P O Box 21247, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Schizophr Res 59:29-33. 2003..These results suggest that cholinergic tone modulation may enhance selective behavioral functions in patients with schizophrenia, but further study is required to delineate the full extent of the potential benefit of this approach...
- The Schizophrenia Patient Outcomes Research Team (PORT): updated treatment recommendations 2003Anthony F Lehman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Schizophr Bull 30:193-217. 2004....
- A pilot study of a weight management program with food provision in schizophreniaMichel Jean-Baptiste
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Schizophr Res 96:198-205. 2007....
- Three cases of risperidone-induced enuresisJoshua T Kantrowitz
Schizophr Res 84:174-5. 2006
- Summer birth and deficit schizophrenia: a pooled analysis from 6 countriesErick Messias
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:985-9. 2004..In some reports, summer birth has been associated with deficit schizophrenia. Deficit schizophrenia and nondeficit schizophrenia also differ in several other ways...
- Substance abuse and the heterogeneity of schizophrenia a population-based studyBrian Kirkpatrick
Schizophr Res 62:293-4. 2003
- Summer birth and deficit schizophrenia in Dumfries and Galloway, southwestern ScotlandBrian Kirkpatrick
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center and the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21228, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:1382-7. 2002..This analysis used data from an epidemiological study of incident cases of psychosis to test the hypothesis that deficit schizophrenia is associated with summer birth...
- Effects of levetiracetam on tardive dyskinesia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyScott W Woods
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven 06519, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:546-54. 2008..The goal of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of levetiracetam versus placebo for tardive dyskinesia (TD)...