Basir U Tareen
Affiliation: University of North Dakota
- A 12 week, open label, phase I/IIa study using apatone for the treatment of prostate cancer patients who have failed standard therapyBasir Tareen
Summa Health System, Department of Urology, Akron, Ohio, USA
Int J Med Sci 5:62-7. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral Apatone (Vitamin C and Vitamin K3) administration in the treatment of prostate cancer in patients who failed standard therapy...
- Role of positional instillation of contrast cystography in the algorithm for evaluating children with confirmed pyelonephritisBasir U Tareen
Department of Urology, Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Children s Hospital Medical Center of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA
Urology 67:1055-7; discussion 1058-9. 2006....
- Novel method used to test pullout parameters of different nephrostomy cathetersBasir U Tareen
Department of Urology, Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Munroe Falls, Ohio 44262, USA
J Endourol 20:1041-4. 2006..To present a novel in-vitro pig model for testing the design and function of different internal catheter constructs, along with the resulting exit wound resulting from removal...
- Appropriate candidates for hemiablative focal therapy are infrequently encountered among men selected for radical prostatectomy in contemporary cohortBasir Tareen
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Urology 73:351-4; discussion 354-5. 2009....
- Laterality alone should not drive selection of candidates for hemi-ablative focal therapyBasir Tareen
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:1082-9; discussion 1089-90. 2009..Because many investigators have suggested that ideal candidates for focal therapy are those with unilateral prostate cancer, we evaluated whether these men are at decreased risk for adverse pathological and oncological outcomes...
- Neurovascular bundle resection: does it improve the margins?Herbert Lepor
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Urol Oncol 28:215-8. 2010..In cases with a 30% risk of side specific extracapsular extension, using the above assumption, the risk of developing a positive surgical margin and biochemical recurrence is only 4.7% and 2%, respectively...