Amelia E Talley
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Patterns of alcohol use and consequences among empirically derived sexual minority subgroupsAmelia E Talley
University of Missouri and the Midwest Alcoholism Research Center, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:290-302. 2012..A secondary aim of the current work was to examine trajectories of alcohol involvement among identified subgroups...
- Sexual orientation and substance use trajectories in emerging adulthoodAmelia E Talley
University of Missouri and the Midwest Alcoholism Research Center, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Addiction 105:1235-45. 2010..e. distinct operationalizations of sexual orientation, timing of sexual orientation assessment with respect to reports of SUBs, non-linear growth)...
- The influence of general identity disturbance on reports of lifetime substance use disorders and related outcomes among sexual minority adults with a history of substance useAmelia E Talley
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, 200 South Seventh Street, Columbia, MO 65211 0001, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 25:530-41. 2011..The current research suggests that identity disturbance, a predictor of substance use, may contribute to heightened risk for substance dependence among certain subgroups of sexual minority individuals...
- The breast cancer experience of rural women: a literature reviewB Ann Bettencourt
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
Psychooncology 16:875-87. 2007..The review discusses the implications of these findings as well as the weakness in the literature...
- Satisfaction with health care, psychological adjustment, and community esteem among breast cancer survivorsB Ann Bettencourt
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 25:59-75. 2007..Also, breast cancer survivors' satisfaction with their health care predicted their level of community esteem. These findings are discussed in terms of their implications for the psychological adjustment of breast cancer survivors...
- Rural and urban breast cancer patients: health locus of control and psychological adjustmentB Ann Bettencourt
Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Psychooncology 17:932-9. 2008..This study examines the moderating influence of rural residence on the associations between health locus of control (HLC) beliefs and psychological well-being...
- Rural breast cancer patients, coping and depressive symptoms: a prospective comparison studyRebecca J Schlegel
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Psychol Health 24:933-48. 2009..Similarly, behavioural disengagement was more strongly related to depressive symptoms for more rural patients. Possible reasons for this pattern of results and implications are discussed...
- A relationship-oriented model of HIV-related stigma derived from a review of the HIV-affected couples literatureAmelia E Talley
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
AIDS Behav 14:72-86. 2010..Implications from this review are presented for researchers who examine issues related to HIV-related stigma...