R A Swain
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- On aerobic exercise and behavioral and neural plasticityRodney A Swain
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
Brain Sci 2:709-44. 2012..In addition, we will explore the therapeutic potential of exercise given recent reports that aerobic exercise may serve as a neuroprotectant and can also slow cognitive decline during normal and pathological aging. ..
- The cerebellum: a neural system for the study of reinforcement learningRodney A Swain
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Milwaukee, WI, USA
Front Behav Neurosci 5:8. 2011....
- Prolonged exercise induces angiogenesis and increases cerebral blood volume in primary motor cortex of the ratR A Swain
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, 61801, Urbana, IL, USA
Neuroscience 117:1037-46. 2003..These changes are chronic and observable even in the anesthetized animal and are measurable using noninvasive techniques...
- Angiogenesis but not neurogenesis is critical for normal learning and memory acquisitionA L Kerr
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Neuroscience 171:214-26. 2010....
- Therapeutic effects of complex motor training on motor performance deficits induced by neonatal binge-like alcohol exposure in rats . I. Behavioral resultsA Y Klintsova
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 405 N Mathews Ave, Urbana IL 61801, USA
Brain Res 800:48-61. 1998..These results suggest that complex motor skill learning improves some of the motor performance deficits produced by postnatal exposure to alcohol and can potentially serve as a model for rehabilitative intervention...