Affiliation: University of Florida
- Ischemic colitis associated with use of a bitter orange-containing dietary weight-loss supplementShahnaz Sultan
Department of Medicine, University of Florida Medical Center and Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, Fla 32605, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:1630-1. 2006..Both consumers and health care professionals should be aware of the potential harm that bitter orange-containing dietary supplements can cause and report such adverse events to the US Food and Drug Administration...
- Colorectal cancer screening in young patients with poor health and severe comorbidityShahnaz Sultan
GI Outcomes Research Group, Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:2209-14. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between colorectal cancer screening, self-reported health status, and comorbidity in a cohort of young patients, defined as patients between the ages of 50 and 64 years...
- Can computer simulation accelerate the development of procedural competence?Pier Alberto Testoni
Am J Gastroenterol 99:38-9. 2004
- The importance of ileoscopy in patients with suspected small bowel diseaseShahnaz Sultan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:359; author reply 359. 2004
- Impact of functional support on health-related quality of life in patients with colorectal cancerShahnaz Sultan
Institute for Clinical and Epidemiological Research, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer 101:2737-43. 2004..In the current study, the authors examined the effects of social network size, as well as emotional and instrumental support, on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in patients with colorectal cancer...
- The perception of cancer risk in patients with prevalent Barrett's esophagus enrolled in an endoscopic surveillance programNicholas J Shaheen
Center for Esophageal Diseases and Swallowing, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Gastroenterology 129:429-36. 2005..5% per year. Patients may have difficulty understanding this risk. This study assessed the perceived risk of cancer in patients with BE, and correlated their risk estimates with their health care use behaviors...
- How to use an article about a diagnostic testCharles D Scales
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Urol 180:469-76. 2008....