Affiliation: University of California
- Intensive cognitive training in schizophrenia enhances working memory and associated prefrontal cortical efficiency in a manner that drives long-term functional gainsKaruna Subramaniam
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA Electronic address
Neuroimage 99:281-92. 2014....
- Positively valenced stimuli facilitate creative novel metaphoric processes by enhancing medial prefrontal cortical activationKaruna Subramaniam
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco San Francisco, CA, USA
Front Psychol 4:211. 2013..The present study is important for the development of neural accounts of emotion-cognition interactions required for creativity, language, and successful social functioning in general...
- Computerized cognitive training restores neural activity within the reality monitoring network in schizophreniaKaruna Subramaniam
San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Neuron 73:842-53. 2012..These findings demonstrate that a serious behavioral deficit in schizophrenia, and its underlying neural dysfunction, can be improved by well-designed computerized cognitive training, resulting in better quality of life...
- Neuroplasticity-based cognitive training in schizophrenia: an interim report on the effects 6 months laterMelissa Fisher
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco and San Francisco VA Medical Center, CA 94121, USA
Schizophr Bull 36:869-79. 2010..Using an innovative neuroplasticity-based cognitive training approach, we report our interim findings on the effects on cognition and functional outcome at 6 months after treatment...
- The repetition paradigm: enhancement of novel metaphors and suppression of conventional metaphors in the left inferior parietal lobeKaruna Subramaniam
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Neuropsychologia 50:2705-19. 2012..This study is important to develop theoretical accounts of the formation of conceptual knowledge for both familiar and novel information...
- Timing is everything: neural response dynamics during syllable processing and its relation to higher-order cognition in schizophrenia and healthy comparison subjectsCorby L Dale
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 75:183-93. 2010....