Affiliation: University of Oregon
- Implementing Interventions with Families in Schools to Increase Youth School Engagement: The Family Check-Up ModelElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, 195 W 12th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
School Ment Health 2:82-92. 2010..The results have implications for the delivery of mental health services in schools that specifically target family involvement and parenting skills...
- An ecological approach to promoting early adolescent mental health and social adaptation: family-centered intervention in public middle schoolsElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
Child Dev 82:209-25. 2011....
- Harnessing the power of sibling relationships as a tool for optimizing social-emotional developmentElizabeth A Stormshak
University of Oregon Child and Family Center, Eugene, Oregon, USA
New Dir Child Adolesc Dev 2009:61-77. 2009....
- An adaptive approach to family-centered intervention in schools: linking intervention engagement to academic outcomes in middle and high schoolElizabeth A Stormshak
Counseling Psychology Program, Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97401 3408, USA
Prev Sci 10:221-35. 2009....
- Implementing family-centered interventions within the public middle school: linking service delivery to change in student problem behaviorElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, 195 West 12th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:723-33. 2005..The implications of these findings for dissemination of empirically supported, school-based, family-centered interventions are discussed...
- The relative contribution of sibling deviance and peer deviance in the prediction of substance use across middle childhoodElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center and College of Education, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 32:635-49. 2004..Implications for the development of substance use behavior in middle childhood are discussed...
- A school-based, family-centered intervention to prevent substance use: the family check-upElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 35:227-32. 2009..It is grounded in developmental theory and targets salient risk factors for the development of later problem behavior such as substance use, family management deficits, deviant peer affiliations, and problem behavior at school...
- Prevention of substance abuse with rural head start children and families: results of project STARRuth A Kaminski
Early Childhood Research Unit, College of Education, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 5208, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 16:S11-26. 2002..Improvements in social competence, reported by teachers and parents, were found at the end of kindergarten. No changes were found for self-regulation...
- Enhancing the parenting skills of Head Start families during the transition to kindergartenElizabeth A Stormshak
Counseling Psychology Program, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 5501, USA
Prev Sci 3:223-34. 2002..The results have implications for service delivery methods in early childhood as a means of enhancing parent participation...
- An ecological approach to child and family clinical and counseling psychologyElizabeth A Stormshak
Child and Family Center, University of Oregon, Eugene 97401 3408, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 5:197-215. 2002..In general, a reformulation of mental heath services for children and families within an ecological framework enhances the potential for integrating science and practice...
- A Family Intervention for Adolescent Problem BehaviorELIZABETH STORMSHAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that our intervention will reduce the growth of problem behavior and substance use through the enhancement of family management and parent involvement in school. ..
- A Family Intervention to Prevent Child MaltreatmentElizabeth A Stormshak; Fiscal Year: 2010....