Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Clear-cell endocervical adenocarcinoma in a 19-year-old womanJimmie Stewart
Cytopathology Section, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:839-42. 2006..Human papilloma virus (HPV) high-risk type results were negative in this particular case. The patient's unremarkable medical and sexual history prompted us to review the diagnostic criteria and pathogenesis of the disease...
- Medullary thyroid carcinoma: a continuing medical education caseJimmie Stewart
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 35:810-4; quiz 815-6. 2007
- Virtual microscopy: an educator's tool for the enhancement of cytotechnology students' locator skillsJimmie Stewart
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 35792, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:363-8. 2008..We have attempted to implement a simple scoring system for evaluation of locator skills where students are compared versus expert cytotechnologists. We anticipate further technological improvements as the products mature...
- Virtual microscopy for cytology proficiency testing: are we there yet?Jimmie Stewart
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Cancer 111:203-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to investigate the potential of virtual microscopy (VM) as an avenue for the delivery of mandatory cytology proficiency tests)...
- Added value, decreased cost: the evolving role of the cytotechnologist for preliminary screening and triage of thyroid aspiratesAngelean L Wotruba
Department of Cytopathology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 39:896-9. 2011..Affording cytotechnologists the opportunity to preliminarily assess FNAs for adequacy also creates a new role in the laboratory. Furthermore, cost-savings are realized for patients and the health care system...
- Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus/human herpesvirus-8-negative effusion-based lymphoma: report of 3 cases and review of the literatureJingnan Xiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin
Cancer Cytopathol 121:661-9. 2013..Despite overlapping features, KSHV/HHV8-negative effusion-based lymphoma is a distinct entity from PEL. To date, 52 cases have been reported. The authors report 3 additional cases received in their laboratory from 2007 to 2012...
- Alveolar soft part sarcoma presenting as a breast mass in a 13-year-old femaleRegina van Buren
Division of Cytopathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:122-4. 2009..We also will review diagnostic features of ASPS on fine-needle aspiration. These are relatively rare disease processes about which many cytopathology professionals may be unfamiliar...
- Rare atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS): a clinically significant diagnosis?H Daniel Hoerl
Department of Pathology, St Mary s Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 27:5-9. 2002..It did not predict dysplasia (SIL/CIN) in those conventional samples. RASC did not have the power to predict any subsequent abnormality and did not appear to be clinically significant in ThinPrep samples...
- Development of visual diagnostic expertise in pathology -- an information-processing studyRebecca S Crowley
Center for Pathology Informatics, Center for Biomedical Informatics, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:39-51. 2003..To identify key features contributing to trainees' development of expertise in microscopic pathology diagnosis, a complex visual task, and to provide new insights to help create computer-based training systems in pathology...
- Training in pathology informatics: implementation at the University of PittsburghJames H Harrison
University of Pittsburgh Department of Pathology and University of Pittsburgh Center for Biomedical Informatics, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1019-25. 2003....